Google Assistant can now control more appliances and smart home devices
Rita El Khoury for Android Police: Yesterday we learned that Google Assistant is about to offer more capabilities on your phones and gain several smart and interesting features, but there's one other piece of interesting news: it's also now adding support for more smart home devices and appliances.
Google has updated its support page for partners and services to add 11 new companies. Here they are with a short explanation of what they do:
- LightwaveRF (lighting, power, heating, sensors)
- Plum (lightpad dimmer)
- Voice UPB Bridge (bridge to connect to Universal Power Bus devices)
- Smartika (hub and smart home system)
- Nanoleaf (decorative modular lighting panels)
- Hive (smart home hub)
- Awair (air monitoring)
- D-Link (for "upcoming" mydlink products says the Press Release)
- Wiz (smart bulbs and luminaires)
- Deako (light switches)
- Geeni (cameras, lighting, power).
All of these new devices and services will be natively supported in the Home Control section of Google Assistant, by simply tapping the floating + button to add new products. Full Article:
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.