CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES 2018 to examine strategies to broaden adoption of smart home and IoT solutions
Comcast, Google, Intel, Samsung, and more to speak at CONNECTIONS Summit, January 9 in Las Vegas
Dallas, Texas, January 8, 2018 - Parks Associates will host CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT and the Smart Home on January 9 at CES® 2018, at the Venetian, Level 4, Marcello, 4405 in Las Vegas. Throughout CES, the research firm will be at booth #40562 at the Sands Expo.
"Smart home markets made tremendous progress in 2017, so our focus now is to examine the innovations for 2018 to determine how well they will match consumer expectations for a seamless, intuitive smart home experience," said Elizabeth Parks, SVP, Parks Associates.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit topics include strategies to improve the user experience, leading value propositions for smart products and services, new partnership opportunities, and the impact of AI and data analytics within the smart home ecosystem.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Homematic IP, Vivint Smart Home, Brilliant, Carrier, Chamberlain Group, Cirrent, Deutsche Telekom, Greenwave Systems, Hive, Intel, iQor, LUX Products, mnubo, NXP, Plasmatic Technologies, Prodea, ROC-Connect, and Zigbee Alliance.
Parks Associates research of U.S. broadband households finds:
• 44% use voice controls on Internet-connected devices.
• 49% want the ability to monitor and adjust their thermostat remotely.
• 44% have two or more connected video entertainment devices.
• Roughly 50% are willing to share data from smart devices for discounts on electricity.
• Over 50% find voice control appealing for entertainment and smart home devices.
• 40% are very interested in having voice control in their vehicles.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit sessions include:
• Smart Home Platforms: Unlocking Consumer Value
• Moving the Smart Home beyond Early Adopters
• Voice Control: Improving the Smart Home Experience
• Support, Privacy, and Connected Consumers: Providing a Seamless Experience
• DIY Smart Home Security: The Next Big Opportunity
• Smart Home and Interoperability: Expanding Ease of Use
• Creating Compelling IoT Services with AI and Data Analytics
• Smart Home and IoT: Health and Wellness Applications
• eQ-3 AG—Bernd Grohmann, EVP
• ADT—Jay Darfler, SVP, Emerging Markets
• Alarm.com—Lainie Muller, Director Wellness
• Brilliant—Aaron Emigh, CEO & Co-founder
• Carrier—Pamela Hoppel, Senior Director, Product Marketing
• Centrica Connected Home (Hive)—Nina Bhatia, Managing Director
• Chamberlain—Martin Heckmann, Director, Emerging Business
• Cirrent—Rob Conant, CEO
• Comcast—Scott Boyarsky, VP, Digital Home Products
• Comcast—Neal Foster, VP, Product Management, Xfinity Home
• CUJO AI Platform—Leon Kuperman, CTO
• Deutsche Telekom AG—Thomas Rockmann, VP Connected Home
• GE Lighting—Jeff Patton, GM Connected Home Product Management & Innovation
• Google—Mark Spates, Product Lead, Smart Home
• Greenwave Systems—Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist
• HelloTech—Richard Wolpert, Co-Founder & CEO
• Intel—Miles Kingston, GM, Smart Home Group
• iQor—Gary Praznik, COO, Retail and Consumer Services
• Lutron Electronics—Matthew Swatsky, VP-Residential Mid-Market Business
• LUX Products—Rob Munin, CEO
• mnubo—Aditya Pendyala, Co-founder & Head of Growth
• Nest Labs—Jeff Hamel, Head, Energy Partnerships
• NXP—Sami Nassar, VP, Cybersecurity
• Omron Healthcare—Ranndy Kellogg, President and CEO
• People Power—Stuart Sikes, VP Business Development & Strategy
• Plasmatic Technologies—Tony Mauro, CTO
• Prodea Systems—Peter Radsliff, VP Marketing
• ROC-Connect—Marcus Scheiber, CEO
• Samsung Electronics America—Nana Murugesan, VP & GM, Services & New Business
• Samsung Electronics America—Michael Lawder, SVP, Customer Care
• Samsung SmartThings—Brett Worthington, VP, Global Business Development & Partnerships
• Sensory—Todd Mozer, CEO
• Sleep Number—Annie Bloomquist, Chief Product Officer
• Trusource Labs—Alton Martin, Co-Founder/Chief Evangelist
• Vivint Smart Home—Jeremy Warren, CTO
• Whisker Labs—Amena Ali, CRO
• Zigbee Alliance—Tobin Richardson, President & CEO
Summit supporters include Antenna, B2 Group, BayPay Forum, Bedrock Learning, Best Web Design Agencies, Bestseos.com, Bluetooth SIG, BoogarLists, CABA, CIOReview, CoPE, Conference Guru, Cord Cutters News, Council, CrowdReviews.com, Digital Entertainment Group, Digital Trends, Entertainment Merchants Association, FierceCable, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, FierceWireless Tech, Finpro, GeoMarketing, HomeGrid Forum, Hometoys, Innovation & Tech Today, Intergetic Forum, IoT Consortium (Platinum Supporter), IoT Weekly News, ISE Magazine, KNXtoday, LonMark International, MoCA, oneM2M, Open Connectivity Foundation, Payments & Cards Network, PharmaVoice, Predicting our Future, Smart Grid Spain, TelcoProfessionals, Telecompaper, Topseos.com, TWICE, and Visibility Magazine.
For information about Parks Associates, visit www.parksassociates.com. To speak with an analyst or to request research, contact Julia Homier at email@example.com, 972-996-0214.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is an annual research and industry event hosted by international research firm Parks Associates at CES in Las Vegas. The executive event features one day of panel discussions on the smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), and connected entertainment, with trends and implications for connected consumers and opportunities for companies to build new revenues and innovative business models.
The 2018 CONNECTIONS™ Summit features panels examining successful consumer-focused strategies in designing and deploying IoT, smart home, and connected CE and health solutions. Leading analysts from host Parks Associates present consumer research and moderate expert discussions on crossover opportunities among these ecosystems, with insights on emerging trends, including AI, voice controls, and growing privacy concerns.
The 2018 CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place January 9 during CES, which runs January 9-12 in Las Vegas. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit. http//www.connectionssummit.com