Parks Associates announces topics for 22nd annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference
AI, Machine Learning, User Experience a Key Focus for Consumer IoT Event
Dallas, Texas, December 6, 2017 - Parks Associates today announced the topics for the 22nd annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, to be held May 22-24, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. The firm's research finds more than one-half of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a smart home device in the next 12 months. The event focuses on business strategies to convert consumer intentions to actual adoption and analyzes the transition to service-based models built on AI and contextual learning in order to expand the use cases and lifecycles of IoT solutions.
Mark Spates, Product Lead for Smart Home at Google, will present the opening keynote on May 22 and address the growing landscape and future of connected products in the home.
"Creating combinations of use cases, such as monitoring combined with safety, security, and health alerts, will help to drive broad, mass-market adoption of smart products and services—up to 70% of U.S. broadband households express strong interest in smart home packages that feature multiple cross-industry benefits," said Elizabeth Parks, SVP, Parks Associates. "Data analytics, machine learning, and AI will play a substantial role in creating flexible, user-specific IoT solutions that enhance and expand value propositions. We are excited about this year's CONNECTIONS™ and look forward to featuring new innovations driving changes in the smart home and connected entertainment industries."
Early Conference Sponsors include Zigbee Alliance, Rapid Response Monitoring, Cirrent, iQor, Trusource Labs, Whisker Labs, Johnson Controls, HomeAdvisor, HelloTech, and MivaTek.
Innovations to Improve Consumer UX
• Voice-First Smart Experience: Innovation and Disruption
• AI: Contextual Learning to Drive Smart Home and Entertainment Experiences
• Personalizing the Experience: Cloud Platforms, CE, and IoT
• Security and Data Analytics: Protecting the Connected Consumer
• Focus on the Experience: Interoperability & Integration
• In-Home Tech Support: Creating Consumer Confidence
IoT Impact on Multiple Industries
• Home Security: Expanding the Market
• Extending Monitoring Services to Smart Products
• Integrating Energy Services with the Smart Home
• Insurance and Consumer IoT Markets: New Business Models
• Independent Living: Serving Consumers at Home
Smart Home Solutions
• Smart Home Business Models: Shift to Services
• Smart Home Platforms: Health, Safety, and Security Use Cases
• Smart Home Devices: Crossing the Chasm
• Smart Home Platforms: Consumer Value and Experience
• Expanding Smart Home Channels: Builders, Utilities, Dealers
• IoT: Selling Smart Home Products through the Experience
• Connected Product Ecosystems: Entertainment and Smart Home
• Investment Strategies: Connected Home & IoT
CONNECTIONS™ attracts more than 650 executives each year to discuss the changing landscape for the smart home and IoT, to provide insight and learning into the new business models, to share technology and standards developments, and to focus on consumer engagement strategies.
Parks Associates is accepting speaker submissions through www.parksassociates.com/events/connections-us/conn-us-cfp. For more information, visit www.connectionsus.com
Parks Associates' 22nd-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 22-24, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ is the premier connected home event hosting more than 600 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries. CONNECTIONS™ provides networking opportunities combined with two days of visionary keynotes and conference sessions focused on technology adoption and trends, product and service forecasts, evaluation of new business strategies, and recommendations for strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added service design. The event also features a research workshop highlighting Parks Associates' smart home insight consumer data.
Throughout the event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services for the entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. For more information, contact email@example.com, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.