Award-winning Decora Smart devices become the most decorated Leviton automation product line
Melville, N.Y., November 15, 2017 - Leviton today announced that its award-winning Decora Smart™ product line has received more awards and recognitions than any other Leviton automation product. With the latest honor from the Architectural Products Product Innovation Awards, Decora Smart lighting controls have now been ranked at the top of fourteen product lists in 2017 by various publications, societies and editorial rankings. Of the fourteen product awards that the Leviton Decora Smart Z-Wave, Wi-Fi and Apple HomeKit compatible devices have received, several cited the products' ease of use and app-based scheduling capabilities.
In an effort to highlight products truly worth investigating, the most recent product award, Architectural Products Magazine Product Innovation Awards, honors innovation in the development and refinement of building-related products. To earn this award and the other product awards received by the Decora Smart product line, the devices have gone through rigorous judging processes by experts in the field. These judges described the devices as a "simple yet smart lighting control that is a great alternative to a complex system," "very cost effective and price friendly" and "works right out of the box."
The editorial rankings that the Decora Smart product line has received focus on the devices' innovative capabilities. For instance, rankings from Reviewed.com consistently noted the responsiveness of the My Leviton app and voice control functionality, as well as the easy set-up process.
"We are pleased to offer our customers a convenient and affordable smart lighting solution, and we are thrilled that others are validating our belief in one of our leading product lines with these product awards and recognitions," said Richard Westfall, general manager and vice president for Leviton Energy Management, Controls & Automation. "Our Decora Smart product line aims to give all consumers a platform to take the first step into the smart home space."
Honors from association and publication awards include:
• Architectural Products, Product Innovation Award winner, lighting category, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 1000W Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer
• Lighting for Tomorrow, winner, connected lighting category, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 1000W Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer
• Design Journal Magazine, winner, Best of 2017 Products, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 1000W Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer
• Home Builder Executive, Gold Innovation Award winner, smart lighting controls category, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology product line
• BUILDER Magazine, ‘brand most used' winner, 2017 Brand Use Study, lighting controls and switches category, Leviton
• NRHA, Honorable Mention, 2017 Packaging and Merchandising Awards Program, Decora Smart product packaging
• Illuminating Engineering Society, Progress Report acceptance, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology product line
Editorial recognitions include:
• Best Overall Smart In-Wall Switch, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 15 Amp Switch
• Best Smart Switch for HomeKit, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with HomeKit Technology 15 Amp Switch.
• Best Smart Switch for Alexa, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 15 Amp Switch
• Best Google Home-Compatible Smart In-Wall Switch, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 15 Amp Switch
• Best Value Smart In-Wall Dimmer, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 1000W Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer
• Best Smart In-Wall Dimmer for Smart Home Hubs, Reviewed.com, Decora Smart with Z-Wave Technology 1000W Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer
• Best Smart Switch Overall, Tom's Guide, Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology 15 Amp Switch
The Decora Smart product line includes the Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology, Decora Smart with Z-Wave Technology and Decora Smart with HomeKit Technology product families with 600W and 1000W in-wall dimmers, as well as15 Amp switches that are all multi-way capable. The Wi-Fi and Z-Wave product lines also feature plug-in modules and plug-in dimmers. All of the Leviton Decora Smart devices are available now through Leviton's electrical distribution networks as well as major home improvement and online retailers. For more information, visit www.leviton.com/decorasmart.
Leviton is the smart choice, delivering the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of today's residential, commercial and industrial customers in more than 90 countries across the globe. From simple switches and receptacles, to networking systems and smart home automation, Leviton exceeds market needs by delivering innovative products to create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, LED lighting and lighting energy management systems, and security and automation applications. For Leviton, it is clear the FUTURE IS ON. For more information, visit www.leviton.com, www.facebook.com/leviton, www.twitter.com/leviton or www.youtube.com/Levitonmfg.