The announcement comes before two milestones set to release in coming days: the SDVoE Alliance’s formal launch at ISE 2017 in Amsterdam, and TechLogix’s debut of their IPFO Series AV over IP platform for 18G HDMI and control.
Madison WI, USA - TechLogix Networx, the US-based manufacturer of audio-visual signal distribution solutions, announced membership into the SDVoE Alliance, a consortium dedicated to standardizing the adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments.
The announcement comes before two milestones set to release in coming days: the SDVoE Alliance's formal launch at ISE 2017 in Amsterdam, and TechLogix's debut of their IPFO Series AV over IP platform for 18G HDMI and control.
"Joining the SDVoE Alliance makes complete sense," explains TechLogix CTO, Christopher Melendy. "We share a common vision for the evolution of audio-visual signal distribution—we know software and Ethernet will play a much larger role and we know that open collaboration is of the utmost importance."
The SDVoE Alliance seeks to:
• Standardize adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments
• Offer end users increased flexibility, with applications more tailored to their particular needs, and the opportunity to reduce both capital and operating expenses
• Enable more cost-effective architectures for AV signal distribution using Ethernet switches
• Provide a reliable and more versatile alternative to point-to-point extension and circuit switches
• Facilitate true AV/IT convergence such that high-quality AV networks and data networks can simultaneously share a single infrastructure platform
• Bring ecosystem partners — AV equipment manufacturers, AV software developers, switch manufacturers, chipset designers, technology providers and system integrators — together under a single banner to foster collaboration
• Bring awareness to new opportunities by educating the industry and offering training in the new paradigm
TechLogix displays these principles in their IPFO system, which combines AV over IP encoders and decoders with setup, configuration and control software which eliminates the need for extensive programming and third-party control system drivers.
The SDVoE Alliance will be at ISE 2017 on stand 12-H55, and TechLogix Networx will be at ISE 2017 on stand 5-V100. Additional information is available online at www.sdvoe.org and www.tlnetworx.com.
About the SDVoE Alliance:
SDVoE is an initialism for "Software Defined Video over Ethernet". The SDVoE Alliance is a nonprofit consortium of technology providers collaborating to standardize the adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments, and to create an ecosystem around SDVoE technology allowing software to define AV applications. The alliance participates in tradeshows and conferences, publishes white papers and case studies and promotes SDVoE technology, and solutions based on the technology, to system integrators, designers and consultants. Additional information is available online at www.sdvoe.org.
About TechLogix Networx:
TechLogix designs, develops and manufactures technology for the custom installation and commercial audio-visual markets. They are uniquely focused on collaboration products, as well as emerging technology such as fiber optics, automated controllers and 18G digital video. Additional information is available online at www.tlnetworx.com.