Panasonic Launches an Inrush Low-Profile Relay Suited for Remote Control of Smart Switches and Power Outlets
The product conforms to overseas safety standards and responds to the growing demand for smart homes in overseas markets.
OSAKA, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Panasonic Corporation announced today that it has developed and will release this month a thin-design DW Relay (Inrush Low-profile relay) suited for remote-control applications such as smart switches and smart power outlets used in smart homes. The product conforms to overseas safety standards and responds to the growing demand for smart homes in overseas markets.
For more information click here.
This new product has the following features:
1. Thin product height of 15.8 mm allows for compact-sizing with no loss of functionality for remote-control systems.
- Dimensions (WxLxH) (mm): 10.0 × 24.0 × 15.8
(Panasonic's conventional product* (WxLxH) (mm): 10.0 × 24.0 × 18.8)
*DW relay (inrush type)
2. Holding power of the coil is zero by the adopting a latching function, contributing to reduce the power consumption of the remote control system.
3. Conforms to overseas safety standards designed to enhance the safety and reliability of remote control systems
- USA UL Standards, Canada cUL (CSA) Standards, Germany VDE Standards
China's CQC certification is scheduled to be obtained (within FY2016)
Remote-control systems (smart switches, smart power outlets) for lighting, home appliances, etc. used in smart homes
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates 474 subsidiaries and 94 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.553 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2016. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.