New Product Launches, Attendees from 40+ Countries, 53 Conference Sessions Highlight Inaugural CES Asia
Industry Leaders Address Outlook for Consumer Tech Market, Mobility in Traditional Industries, Impact of Internet of Things, Robotics, Connected Cities and More
ARLINGTON, Va.--The inaugural CES AsiaTM served as a launch pad for an impressive array of innovations introduced by more than 200 exhibitors from 16 countries, cementing CES Asia as center stage for global businesses to showcase the latest products, services and technologies designed specifically for the Asian marketplace. Co-produced by CEA and INTEX, CES Asia 2015 ran May 25-27, 2015, in Shanghai, China, and drew more than 20,000 attendees from more than 40 countries.
"CES Asia exceeded every single expectation we had for the event from expanded show floor space and high attendance to global exhibitors using CES Asia as a platform to launch their latest innovations," said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, International CES and corporate business strategy, CEA . "The Chinese technology consumer goods market is growing exponentially, and will increase by an estimated five percent this year, reaching $281 billion USD, up from $268 billion USD. It's a market that every company should consider establishing a presence in and we were thrilled that so many companies used CES Asia to launch such new and exciting products."
Product releases at CES Asia include self-driving cars, connected devices, wearable technology and much more. Notable new products that featured for the first time in Asia on the show floor include:
* AKG N90 Q: Noise cancelling headphones offering personalized sound
* Audi R8 e-tron: Electric car with self-driving technology, Q7 e-tron plug-in hybrid car
* Baidu Car Life and MMI: In-car infotainment system
* Cadillac OnStar 4G LTE: Powerful Wi-Fi hotspot in-car, connected by OnStar
* China Mobile: IoT Private Network covering the entirety of China, OneNet Open Platform based on sensing terminal technology and industrial features
* Ford Sync 3: In-car infotainment system
* Guillemot Thrustmaster: T300RS racing simulator, Hotas Warthog joystick, WAE NEO wireless speaker, Hercules Universal DJ system, Hercules DJ Control Jogvisison controller
* Happy Plugs 18 carat gold earbuds: 18 carat gold earbuds exclusively made by a Swedish goldsmith in Stockholm
* Hirschmann Car eHub: Car entertainment system that connects tablet or smartphone to a wireless LAN providing TV reception, internet access, or media
* Hirschmann Car Asset Tracking Module: Retrofitting modules for monitoring of loading and transportation of goods
* Intel Firefly Drone with Real Sense Technology with an Intel processor that senses motion to help avoid collisions
* Intelclinic NeuroOn: Sleep mask that monitors a user's biological feedback
* Jide Remix OS: Tablet operating system that allows for use of multiple apps simultaneously
* JD.com Dingdong speaker: Voice controlled speaker, Weilink App connects with smart products
* Klipsch Home Theater Speakers: Provide movie theater quality sound, HD Wireless Home Theater System delivers high-performance theater experience
* Lincoln Visualization Wall: Displays an almost 1-to-1 sized image of customer's configured vehicle, Interactive Table allows customers to build and price their ideal Lincoln vehicle
* Mercedes-Benz F 015 Luxury in motion: Self-driving research car with interior, digital lounge space
* Moley Robotics Smart Kitchen Robot: Fully functional, professional robot kitchen with library of recipes, available to consumers in 2017
* MOTA SmartRing: Connects with cell phone and gives updates from calls, texts, and social media, Wireless Charger for GoPro, small enough to be carried in a bag or pocket, iPhone 6/6 Plus Extended Battery Charger extends your battery life and protects your phone
* Scosche Sport CLIP Sport Earbuds: Splash and sweat proof Bluetooth earbuds, goBAT 6000 and goBAT 12000 shockproof waterproof, portable batteries, boomBOTTLE+ waterproof, dustproof, shock absorbing
* SkullCandy Astro a45 and a50 Headsets: Gaming headphones, Air Raid water-resistant, durable speaker system, Crusher headphones bring the sensation of sitting front row at a concert
* Tinkerine Ditto Pro 3D Printer: With open design, works quickly and quietly
* TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Watch: Built-in heart-rate monitor and real-time running information, Golfer GPS Watch tracks location, keeps track of golf score
* Volkswagen Golf R Touch: With infotainment system that incorporates gesture control, Connected Golf with infotainment system that integrates majority of smartphone operating systems, Intelligent Charge system for charging electric cars over charging plate, Trained Parking self-parking technology, uses camera on the rear-view mirror
* Vivalnk eSkin Temp Patch: Wireless thermometer patch, can be attached to the body and communicate wirelessly to a smart phone
* Voxx Hi-Fi On-Wall/In-Wall Speakers: Deliver high resolution sound, AR MT Portable Hi-Res Player Hi-Fi system
* ZAGG Folio Keyboard: Built for iPad, Speaker Case iPhone case with built in speakers, Slim Book Hero iPad case with an attachable keyboard
In addition to major product launches, a dynamic conference program line-up of thought leaders from converging industries, as well as Keynote and Industry Mover addresses by top executives such as Audi's Rupert Stadler, IBM's D.C. Chien, Intel's Kirk Skaugen and Twitter's Shailesh Rao headlined the event. By the first day, the conference program had sold out and keynote addresses by Audi and Intel each saw more than 1,000 attendees.
Nearly 100 industry executives spoke as part of the 53 conference sessions that took place onsite. High-profile global and regional speakers discussed some of the industry's most pressing topics such as the outlook for the consumer tech market, mobility in traditional industries, the impact of the Internet of Things, robotics, connected cities, the future of media in Asia, smart homes, 3D printing, wearable tech and digital car innovation. Notable speakers include CMC Capital Partner's Li Ruigang, Ford's Joe Biser, Huawei's Bing Ma, JD.com's Dennis Weng and Leslie Liu, Indiegogo's Liz Wald, BesTV OTT Business Group's Frank Luo, TomTom's Chris Kearney, Accenture's David Sovie, Continental's Francis Man, Digital China's Nan Yang, IBM's Wei Sun, Carat's Jane Lin Baden, Starcom's Vivian Zhu and the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology's Kemin Xu and Weimin Sun. For press unable to attend the conference sessions live, videos are now available.
Show organizers expect to release officially audited attendance numbers in the coming weeks. Building off the successful inaugural event, CES Asia will return to Shanghai, May 11-13, 2016. Visit CESAsia.com for the latest CES Asia news and information.
CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $286 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry's most relevant issues are addressed. Check out video highlights from the 2015 CES. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and through social media: http://www.cesweb.org/social
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® and co-produced by Intex, CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to CE industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the CE industry.
Intex is the sub joint venture company of CCPIT (China Council for the Promotion of International Trade) Shanghai, which started 1992. Intex is a prominent producer of international tradeshows in China, owning venues in Shanghai, and managing various exhibition venues outside of Shanghai. Intex Shanghai is the vice chairman of SCEIA, the Deputy Director of CAEC and the member of UFI. As the first venue management company that imported the first level pattern of management and experience in Shanghai, it is jointly invested by Shanghai Hongqiao E&T Development Zone United Development Co., Ltd., Council for the Promotion of International Trade Shanghai and Istithmar P&O Estates FZE. Intex was the first international exhibition center passing ISO9001 quality certification in China and has a stand-out reputation in the domestic exhibition industry.