New additions offer improved functionality; available now for pre-order on Indiegogo
Chicago, IL April 21, 2015
In conjunction with the launch of its Indiegogo campaign, Fantem announces feature additions to its Oomi smart home system, including a redesigned controller and a unique multisensor. The new controller, Oomi Touch, is encased in edge-to-edge glass and includes both tactile buttons and capacitive touch controls, offering control of smart home devices as well as television and music. Oomi Multisensor not only detects motion, but also temperature, light and humidity, and more, adding versatility to the home automation system already set apart by intuitive control and ease of use.
Oomi's patent pending Tap-and-Touch technology sets Oomi apart from other systems by allowing for effortless setup and configuration. Oomi Cube, a hub with unrivalled functionality built on the Z-Wave Wireless Mesh Network Technology, instantly recognizes all system accessories and sensors without programming. Self-learning algorithms and adaptive automation allow the system to learn the user's habits, schedules and preferences to deliver a new level of whole home control.
Starting today, the latest Oomi smart home technology will be available for preorder on Indiegogo. The campaign offers three bundles, each based on Oomi Cube and Oomi Touch. Bundles also come with a choice of Oomi accessories, allowing contributors to create their ideal smart home.
Oomi bundles include:
* Oomi Cube plus the choice of one of three Oomi Z-Wave accessories ($279) - limited time pricing
* Oomi Cube and three Oomi Z-Wave accessories, plus the choice of Oomi Streamer or Oomi Air ($439) - limited time pricing
* Oomi Cube, both Oomi premium accessories, and a choice of nine Oomi Z-Wave accessories ($699)
Oomi Z-Wave technology-enabled accessories include:
* Oomi Multisensor. Comprised of a motion, temperature, humidity and ambient light senor, Oomi Multisensor can be mounted, recessed, or placed on a shelf and is 70 percent smaller than leading sensors.
* Oomi Plug. Wirelessly control home accessories and monitor energy consumption, all with a tiny 56mm x 56mm x 42mm wall outlet. The light band on Oomi Plug changes color to display energy use, offering real-time energy monitoring.
* Oomi Bulb. Control light output, including shade, just by screwing in this RGB bulb. With the ability to render millions of colors, the Oomi Bulb offers brilliant color or white for perfect ambiance any time of the day or night.
Oomi premium accessories include:
* Oomi Streamer. Plug the Oomi Streamer into your TV's HDMI port and instantly access the Internet and HD video.
* Oomi Air. Monitor airborne pollutants that cause risks to you and your family and record environmental quality.
Lead by Fantem chief executive officer, Winston Cheng, the creators of Oomi boast experience in the smart home space spanning over a decade. Before founding Fantem, Cheng was a vice president at Aeon Labs, the creators of Z-Wave products, and also served as a software engineer for companies such as Zensys and Quantum3D. With its first product Oomi, Fantem seeks to facilitate consumer adoption of smart home technology by removing the complexity and frustration associated with existing systems.
Oomi Indiegogo kits will be shipped to backers in early fall 2015. For more information about Oomi's smart home hub, visit http://www.indiegogo.com/at/oomi
Fantem is a developer of innovative products and solutions for the home. It is dedicated to the worldwide consumer adoption of smart home technology and the Internet of Things (IoT) through the development of home automation solutions that remove the complexity and frustration associated with existing systems. Together with its global team of experts and partners, Fantem set out to create the first smart home management system that is not only the easiest to install, set-up, and use, but also the first smart home system that is actually smart. The result of this effort, Oomi, is set to revolutionize the future of home automation, not only by positively impacting upon multiple areas (home safety and security, home environment and home entertainment) of users' home lives, but by also making it accessible to the everyone - "a system designed for the rest of us!" Fantem is based in Chicago with offices and strategic partners spanning four continents. For more information, visit http://www.oomihome.com.