Contact: Nick Phillips, 650-385-8712, firstname.lastname@example.org; Frank Doris / Media Relations, 631-645-5668, email@example.com
Foster City, CA - Pakedge Device & Software now offers its W5L Wireless Access Point and Controller, which incorporates the company's exclusive Residential Virtual Cell Technology to enable multiple wireless access points in a large network to function as a single "virtual" wireless access point (WAP) and enable seamless Wi-Fi roaming for an iPad®, touch panel, VoIP Wi-Fi phone or other portable device.
Pakedge is exhibiting its W5L and a full lineup of wireless security system and smart home solutions at ISC West 2012 at Booth 26144 at the Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV (March 28 - 30, 2012).
Wireless networks that cover a large area require multiple WAPs to achieve adequate coverage. However, when a person moves from the coverage area of one wireless access point to another, there is typically an interruption in service as one WAP "hands off" to another. The result is an interrupted video stream, phone call or data stream, or lost commands from a touch panel.
The Pakedge W5L and its accompanying CTL-W5N Wireless Virtualization Management Controller provide an innovative, cost-effective and extremely reliable solution. The W5L and CTL-W5N use Residential Virtual Cell Technology to link the operation of all the wireless access points in a network together so that they all appear as a single wireless access point to a device (client). The result is glitch-free roaming over the entire home network, because with Virtual Cell Technology the client device always "sees" a single WAP and never has to initiate a handoff (as in conventional Wi-Fi systems).
A single dedicated "virtual WAP" is created for each client on the network. This dedicated WAP can be customized to the client around speed and bandwidth, to optimize the performance of the applications the device needs to run. Similar to a wired Ethernet port, this "virtual port" eliminates latency, jitter and competition for bandwidth, since there is always only one client on each "wireless" port.
The W5L is compact and easy to install. It features six simultaneous dual-band radios with omnidirectional antennas, for reliable operation even in larger homes. The W5L is preconfigured to work with Pakedge routers and VLAN (virtual local area network) switch solutions, and provides centralized configuration and management and multilayer security and scalability, while eliminating co-channel interference and the need for channel planning. If additional WAPs are plugged into the network, they will automatically configure.
The W5L offers useful monitoring capabilities including self-monitoring, and real-time and cumulative performance metrics for individual wireless devices, access points and the network as a whole, all from a single interface.
The W5L is powered by a standard 802.3af Power-over Ethernet (PoE) power source. It supports all 802.11a/b/g/n devices, with 802.11n support in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands using 40MHz channel bonding.
The Pakedge Residential Virtual Cell Wi-Fi fi system is sold as a kit which includes a quantity of W5L Wireless Access Points, a power over Ethernet switch and CTL-W5N Wireless Virtualization Management Controller and is available now. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
Pakedge Device & Software creates innovative networking products for people who demand performance, features, and reliability. Our products use the most advanced wireless and networking technology. They are designed for professionals to install and consumers to enjoy. For more information and system specifications, visit www.pakedge.com.
W5L ADDITIONAL KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• W5L - 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Access Point with 4 Dual Band Antennas
• Extensive built-in security features
• All radios capable of scanning 802.11n, 802.11a and 802.11b/g for rogue devices
• Infrastructure-controlled zero-loss handoff mechanism for standard Wi-Fi clients Preemptive roaming and load balancing with band steering is built-in by design
• Zero configuration: automatically selects power and channel settings, automatically discovers controllers and downloads configuration settings
• Centralized and remote management and software upgrades via System Director web-based GUI
• Intelligent RF management
• Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.11i support (AES, WEP, WPA, WPA2), IEEE 802.11e, WMM
• Internal, MIMO, dual-band omnidirectional antennas
• Configurable dynamic QoS rules; user-configurable static and dynamic QoS rules per application
• Dimensions: 6-3/4" W x 4 1/4" D x 1 1/4" H
• Weight: 1lb
CTL-W5N ADDITIONAL KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Wireless Compliance: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.11i support (AES, WEP, WPA, WPA2), IEEE 802.11e, WMM
• Automatic Discovery & Configuration: All Access Points
• Wired/Switching: IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, GRE tunneling and IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol
• Full complement of advanced security features
• Infrastructure-controlled zero-loss handoff mechanism for standard Wi-Fi clients
• Virtual Cell provides load balancing coordination for improved performance and WLAN resiliency upon AP failure
• Full selection of advanced management features
• Dimensions: 17" W x 1 3/4" H x 11" D
• Weight: 8.6 lbs
# # #
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.