High-brightness displays outperform direct-view LED technology and static signage in locations with intense ambient light
LAS VEGAS, Nev., March 7, 2012 - Today, at Digital Signage Expo 2012 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled two new professional LCD displays designed for retail storefronts and other brightly lit commercial digital signage locations and further expands Planar's digital signage offerings into the estimated $1.2 billion market for high-bright indoor displays.
Clarity Matrix HX60: The industry's brightest LCD video wall
The Clarity Matrix HX60 is designed to deliver high-impact content across large video walls in environments like airports and sports and entertainment venues, where direct-view LED digital signs have been used predominantly. The new 60" ultra-narrow bezel LCD offers comparable brightness to direct-view LEDs, but with lower capital and operational costs, higher resolution, a better contrast ratio and wider viewing angles.
The Clarity Matrix HX60 LCD video wall features:
• Unmatched Brightness. The unique Clarity Matrix architecture, featuring off-board components and integrated mounting, reduces the temperature of the LCD and LED backlight, helping boost brightness to 1,900 nits ― making it the industry's brightest LCD video wall.
• Outstanding contrast and power savings. With Planar's Advanced Performance LED (AP/LED™) backlight, the Clarity Matrix HX60 delivers deep blacks and outstanding contrast utilizing algorithms that dim the backlights when darker or black content is displayed. In addition to the superb contrast ratios AP/LED backlight provides, this technique - reduces power consumption while still achieving the maximum brightness, up to 50% less power than comparable LED displays.
• Easy installation and serviceability. Recognized as the easiest to service and install LCD video wall, the Clarity Matrix HX60 incorporates the unique Clarity Matrix architecture featuring off-board components and integrated EasyAxis™ Mounting System. This mission-critical design reduces the weight, depth, and potential points of failure at the display and can be placed in an easy-to-service location.
The Clarity Matrix HX60 Video Wall System will begin shipping in Spring 2012.
Planar PS4670: Affordable, high-bright signage
The Planar PS4670 extends the line of the affordable Planar PS-Series to high ambient light environments. The Planar PS4670 key benefits include:
• Affordability. Lowest priced 46" high-brightness display on the market.
• 3X brightness. With up to 1500 nits of brightness, the Planar PS4670 delivers three times the luminance of a standard LCD digital signage display, producing full HD 1080p images and vibrant color for compelling messaging.
• Flexible formats. The Planar PS4670 can be oriented in landscape or portrait or combined with multiple displays to construct a cost-effective video wall. A comprehensive set of inputs also provide options when connecting auxiliary media players or other peripherals.
• Indoors or out. The Planar PS4670's thin, metal bezel provides added durability for indoor high-bright environments and easy installation into protective enclosures for outdoor applications.
The Planar PS4670 is currently available for purchase through Planar's worldwide network of authorized resellers.