Auralex Acoustics, Inc. (CEDIA Booth 1017), the industry leader in innovative sound control solutions, streamlines its green product offerings online with the launch of a dedicated eco tab on its Web site(http://www.auralex.com/Eco/).
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, AUGUST 24, 2011 - Auralex Acoustics, Inc. (CEDIA Booth 1017), the industry leader in innovative sound control solutions, streamlines its green product offerings online with the launch of a dedicated eco tab on its Web site (http://www.auralex.com/Eco/). The new Web page highlights all of the company's green product options in one place in order to better educate its customers about its range of eco -friendly products.
"Based on customer demand, we created a dedicated Web page that houses information on all of our green product lines," says Eric Smith, founder and president of Auralex Acoustics. "Our eco -conscious customers can now better evaluate all of their options without having to navigate through multiple tabs on our Web site. We are committed to our green initiatives and will continue to look at ways to further educate our customers about the green alternatives that are available."
Consumers are becoming more conscious of the environment and are increasingly utilizing green building and renovation techniques. As part of this environmental shift, residences are now obtaining LEED certification, which can qualify construction projects for tax rebates and zoning allowances. Several of Auralex's "green" products can be helpful in achieving LEED certification, specifically in the Materials & Resources category.
Auralex's eco -friendly product offerings include:
• Studiofoam Eco - Studiofoam brand products now include soy components, reducing petroleum -based chemical usage by up to 60 percent and lessening dependence on fossil fuels, including foreign crude oil. This greener formula helps reduce global warming emissions, yet retains the longevity and acoustical properties that Auralex is known for. Auralex Studiofoam is manufactured without harmful Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC's), which have been implicated in the depletion of the ozone layer. In making the conversion over to the new soy -based hybrid formula, these products now boast an improved performance and durability over conventional petroleum -based acoustical foams. The new Eco -Friendly StudioFoam is available in the same great color choices and cuts as the original, but there is no increase in cost of the improved product.
• ELiTE ProPanels - The improved Low Emission ELiTE ProPanels utilize a new method of manufacturing that eliminates the use of formaldehyde and phenol from the fabrication process. This breakthrough has helped Auralex redefine the industry standard for fabric wrapped acoustical panels. The new ELiTE ProPanels emit a lower amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's), achieving both GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality and GREENGUARD Children & School Certifications. Lower emissions promote better air quality which has been cited by the EPA as a way to improve health and productivity in schools, homes and commercial buildings. The ELiTE ProPanels maintain their acoustical properties and Class A fire rating. The products are manufactured using 35 percent "post -consumer" recycled material and its absorptive qualities help reduce building energy demand.
• Sustain Bamboo Sound Diffusors - The new product line, which consists of the WavePrism, WaveLens, QuadraTec, Peak Pyramid Diffusor and KeyPacs, retains the longevity and acoustical qualities Auralex is known for with green and acoustical properties of natural bamboo. As a green alternative to traditional hardwood, Auralex's new Sustain Bamboo Sound Diffusor Series is the perfect addition to any recording/listening space or home theater that requires absorption treatment. Bamboo is the fastest growing woody plant in the world and, when placed in the proper climate, can grow up to eight feet a day. Bamboo, which has the strength characteristics of traditional hardwoods, is actually a grass and therefore provides environmental sustainability that traditional hardwoods cannot. It's important to note that the type of bamboo used in the production of this product is different than the bamboo that pandas and other animals use for food.
• EcoTech - EcoTech acoustical panels are made out of recycled plastic bottles and are available in a white absorptive material. EcoTech significantly reduces the ecological footprint of acoustic treatment versus traditional fiberglass while maintaining absorptive qualities comparable to fiberglass. EcoTech is dust free, non -allergenic and non -toxic, containing no formaldehyde and having no risk of skin irritation or respiratory problems.
• SonoFiber - SonoFiber is an absorptive panel made of recycled cotton. SonoFiber is the perfect solution for those budget -conscious projects requiring a Class A fire rating without the aesthetic demands of designer treatments such as fabric -covered panels. SonoFiber is offered in a 1" thick charcoal gray or white 2′x2′ absorptive panel that offers significant advantages over other Class A fire rated melamine foam alternatives, including lower cost per square foot, sound absorption coefficients equal to or better than 2″ thick melamine products and a flexible form that will not puncture, crumble or break like melamine panels.
About Auralex Acoustics, Inc.
Located in Indianapolis, Auralex Acoustics was founded in 1977 with a mission to provide top -performing acoustical treatment products at the best value. Since then, thousands of satisfied Auralex customers have experienced improved acoustics, expert advice and exceptional customer service. Auralex products enjoy widespread use among prominent artists, producers, engineers, corporations, celebrities and government agencies.
Auralex Acoustics has become the industry leader in innovative sound control solutions and continues to enjoy rapid growth through an international network of authorized dealers. Visit the Auralex Web site at www.auralex.com. Auralex can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1.800.959.3343.