Parks Associates to present new research on cloud services, connected CE at CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
Parks Associates announced today it will host the 2012 CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES on January 10 in Las Vegas, on the first day of the 2012 International CES.
Parks Associates announced today it will host the 2012 CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES on January 10 in Las Vegas, on the first day of the 2012 International CES. CONNECTIONS™ Summit features five executive sessions examining the impact of smart TVs, tablets, and other connected CE as consumers move to the cloud to meet their content demands and home management needs.
"Nearly 50% of all flat -panel TVs sold in 2011 are Internet -connectable, so the market is at the point where major companies are implementing new solutions and enhanced services," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Consumers can opt for a variety of different viewing experiences, and competition is multifaceted, with service providers, CE and systems manufacturers, and utilities all expanding into overlapping service areas. The sessions at CONNECTIONS™ Summit are focused on business models, consumer trends, new opportunities, and evaluation of current solutions."
Premier Program Members, which will participate in the Summit Sessions, include HCL; IBM; LEVEL Studios, a Rosetta Company; Motorola Mobility; PacketVideo; PlumChoice; Radialpoint; Rovi; and Technicolor.
* Smart TV 2012 Outlook examines the evolving role of the television as it becomes the foundation for the connected home and influences use of game consoles, tablets, cloud services, and smartphones.
* Video: Three Screens and Beyond tracks the expanding ecosystem of premium video across multiple screens in and outside of the home.
* Consumer Demand for Energy as a Service examines the new role for providers and manufacturers in energy and other value -added services.
* Technical Support, Customer Service, and the Lifecycle in the Digital Home explores service opportunities for tech support and the role of cloud services.
* The Personal Cloud and Digital Locker features the latest consumer research on the transition of digital media to the cloud, the business challenges, and opportunities created by the digital locker.
Parks Associates is seeking speaker submissions for these sessions.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES, hosted by international research firm Parks Associates, is an interactive event focused on trends, emerging business models and technologies, and growth opportunities for companies developing products and services for the digital home. The 2012 event, January 10, includes an evening reception for all attendees.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit offers the ideal start to CES, with all sessions moderated by Parks Associates analysts and offering consumer and industry data, insight from leading executives, and networking opportunities with the leading analysts in the digital living space.
For information about CONNECTIONS™, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972 -490 -1113 or visit www.connectionssummit.com.
About Parks Associates: Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start -ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes new media, digital entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
Each year, Parks Associates hosts executive conferences CONNECTIONS™, with support from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®; CONNECTIONS™ Europe; and Smart Energy Summit.
http://www.parksassociates.com | http://www.connectionsconference.com | http://www.connectionseurope.com | http://www.connectionsindustryinsights.com