"Best of Show" Macworld Expo 2011 Winning Device Can Save Small Businesses & Corporate Departments Up to 30% in IT Costs a Year
Irvine, CA - March 11, 2011 - Dane -Elec, a global leader in digital storage solutions, announced today that KTLA -TV is now using the company's award winning my -Ditto Business Network Server to share and store digital assets. KTLA's implementation of the my -Ditto Business Network Server further illustrates Dane -Elec's leadership in providing businesses with an inexpensive network storage solution that doesn't compromise on "enterprise -level" features and benefits.
EVENT NOTE: MacMall and Dane -Elec will be hosting Small Business Storage Seminars on March 15th at the Torrance MacMall and March 17th at the Santa Monica Mac Mall. Both events will be from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and feature food, networking and the chance to win a my -Ditto Business Network Server. For more information or to RSVP please email Catherine Gutierrez at catherinegutierrez@Dane -memory.com.
"News organizations like KTLA need real -time access to their digital assets to meet the heavy demand for fresh content 24 hours a day," said Rob Schwandt, producer of the station's CyberGuy program. "Our department needed a network solution that could protect, store and allow us to share our huge library of video files and footage, one that wouldn't require a major capital expense and that could work with our existing network."
"One of the toughest challenges businesses face in today's economy is the costs associated with storing and maintaining digital assets for use on a network," commented Sherry Chapman, Director of Dane -Elec. "my -Ditto is an extremely cost -effective yet uncompromising network storage solution specifically created for small businesses and departments within large corporations. For less than a $160, businesses can create a sophisticated office network for sharing files worldwide through my -Ditto."
The my -Ditto Business Network Server product suite includes the following three components:
my -Ditto Business Server
"Set It & Forget It Storage Server with Enterprise Network Benefits"
• Truly plug -and -play device - is easy to set up, can be running in less than five minutes, no technical knowledge necessary
• Set -up my -Ditto on you office or home network and then access the files anywhere in the world where you have internet access or via your Smartphone
• Drag and drop critical company documents and digital assets
• Up to 30 Users can be authorized to access any important data
• Provides "enterprise -level" FTP -like capabilities, automatic file back -up to and from the my -Ditto storage server
• Create "Shared -Private" folders to restrict or enable individual access to general and public files
• On board storage capacity of 500GB to 4TB, with the ability to conect an additional external drive of up to 2TB
• Harddrives can be easily swapped out and my -Ditto can be configured as a RAID
• Immediate ROI, with companies saving up to 30% in IT costs a year
my -Ditto Key
"An Entire Business Network on a USB Key"
• Provides remote access to my -Ditto Business Server from anywhere in the world
• Access any critical file through a direct peer -to -peer (UPnP) connection from anywhere
• Up to 10 remote users can collaborate on projects simultaneously
• Up to 30 Keys can be authorized for users
my -Ditto Mobile Application
"Instant Access to Office Files Through Smartphones"
• Mobile peer -to -peer solution to directly access networks through Apple, Microsoft and Android smartphones or tablets
Pricing and Availability
my -Ditto Business Network Server is available from national and online retailers including BestBuy, Wal -Mart, Staples, PC Mall, Mac Mall, Amazon, Buy.com, B&H and J&R with an MSRP of $154.99 for the 500GB my -Ditto up to an MSRP of $379.99 for the 4TB my -Ditto.
To learn more about my -Ditto or to purchase the device, visit: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MyDitto -Home -US/159591460740995?v=wall.
About Dane -Elec:
Dane -Elec is one of the largest manufacturers in the world of flash memory products, storage and consumer electronic devices. For over 25 years Dane -Elec has consistently provided quality and industry -leading products to customers around the globe. Leading brands around the world including Duracell, Marvel Comics, Blizzard, Hello Kitty, Harry Potter, Disney and more rely on Dane -Elec's expertise to deliver high quality, customized storage solutions. Acknowledged as one of the authorities in quality memory products, Dane -Elec Memory designs, assembles and distributes its products through its own network in the U.S, Europe (France, United -Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, Holland, Italy and Spain), Asia and Israel.
- - 30 - -
Susan van Barneveld
Public Communications/Worldwide (PC/W)
(714) 891 -3660
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2011 Dane -Elec. All rights reserved.