The VDV MapMaster Combines Continuity Testing, Mapping, and Tone Generator into a Single Unit
CAMARILLO, Calif., Feb. 17, 2011 - Platinum Tools (www.platinumtools.com), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable, is proud to announce that its new VDV MapMaster™ voice, data, and video tester is now shipping.
"The VDV MapMaster combines continuity testing, mapping, and tone generator functions into a single unit," explained Lee Sachs, Platinum Tools, Inc. president and general manager. "Made in the USA, the VDV MapMaster is capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time."
The VDV MapMaster tests Cat -6, Cat5e, Cat -5, Cat -4, Cat -3, and coax cables, as well as shielded cables. Video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes at the same time to improve testing efficiency. Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote from storage.
With a convenient size and weight of only 6.4in x 2.8in x 1.4in and 9.0 ounces, additional features of the VDV MapMaster include:
• Tests voice (six wire), data (eight wire), and video
• Easy -to -read , extra large 7 -segment LCD screen with large icons
• Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
• RJ (voice and data) master remote stores in bottom of case
• Map 19 locations at one time
• Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens, reversals miswires and split pairs
• Displays "Pass" icon for correctly wired T568A/B and crossover/uplink
• Displays "Pass" icon for correctly wired 6 -pin telephone plus "Rev" for reverse pinned
• Voltage detection warning icon
• Long battery life; low battery icon indicator
• Auto power off
• MSRP: $99.97
"Numerous accessories for the VDV MapMaster are also available," added Sachs. "Whether your jobs are commercial or residential, the versatility of the VDV MapMaster makes it an installer's best friend."
For more information on Platinum Tools and its complete product line, please visit www.platinumtools.com, call (800) 749 -5783, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.
# # #