Thousands of AV practitioners are expected to attend the three-day event
(Hong Kong, 17 November 2010) The Pan Asian Trade Exhibition and Summit for pro AudioVisual and Information Communication technologies - opens today. The Opening Ceremony is officiated by Ms Rosanna Law, Acting Commissioner for Tourism, Tourism Commission, Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, the Government of HKSAR. The three -day event, from 17 -19 November, is held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
With the participation of some 340 AV manufacturers and suppliers from 25 countries and regions, and an extensive program of seminars and presentations by international industry experts, InfoComm Asia is an ideal forum for Asia's AV professionals to source for new products and applications, meet new suppliers and manufacturers, and exchange knowledge and experiences with industry peers and experts. Thousands of AV systems distributors, integrators and consultants as well as end user professionals in diverse industries from all over Asia are expected to attend the technology event.
InfoComm Asia 2010 features both international brand leaders as well as emerging Asian brands. These exhibiting companies bring with them new AV innovations for a variety of applications, some of which are making their Asian debut at the event. Among these are:
• Telepresence, video -conferencing, audio conferencing systems for boardrooms, conference rooms, training facilities, auditoriums and other corporate spaces from Verrex;
• Digital signage solutions for both internal and external communication from BrightSign, CAYIN, ONELAN, SpinetiX;
• Visualizers with touchscreen remote control for education and training purposes from WolfVision;
• Crestron's DigitalMedia, the first complete HD AV distribution system that allows virtually any mix of AV sources to be distributed throughout the home or campus from a centralized rack location;
• The uBoard, an innovative device that converts a normal whiteboard or any vertical flat surface into an interactive teaching medium in a second, from PENANDFREE;
• Christie MicroTiles™, a new digital canvas ideal for a wide range of demanding applications, including architectural elements for buildings, out -of -home advertising, command and control video walls, and event production;
• Leovation's Dreamoc™, a unique 3D display unit that conveys compelling product messages with a dazzling combination of holographic -like and free floating video images in the display of a physical product;
• Coolux' Pandoras Box Media Manager, a timeline -based show control solution, allowing fast and easy on -the -fly programming and show setup; and
• TOA's M -633D Digital Stereo Mixer that automatically eliminates unpleasant reverberation and feedback to deliver clear, highly articulate sound.
Other exhibitors showcasing world class technologies include beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Harman, CES Audio, ClearOne and Taiden with audio, acoustic and conferencing products; Extron, Jupiter Systems, Kramer and Magenta Research with matrix switchers and processors for high resolution computer -video and stereo audio routing; dnp denmark, Oray, Lighthouse Technologies and VTRON with LED display systems and large format screens; and Extron and Kramer for connectivity solutions; DPI and projectiondesign with high performance projectors for home and eCinemas; Barco, Lighthouse Technologies, Liantronics and VTRON with LED screens and other advanced display solutions.
For a deeper understanding of AV technologies, Asian AV dealers and users can also attend the comprehensive Summit program comprising Manufacturers' Presentations of their products and technologies; InfoComm Academy Seminars conducted by industry experts on technical issues as well as general market developments; and Industry -focused Conferences with papers from professional users and integrators on specific applications. A Technical Site Visit to the ALiVE exhibition at the Hong Kong Science Park has also been arranged to give participants a first -hand appreciation of AV installations. In addition, there is also a special two -day workshop on A Practical Approach to Professional Sound System Design conducted by US -based SynAudCon, an audio training resource organization dedicated to providing practical, in -depth training on the principles of audio and acoustics.
Other than the SynAudCon Workshop and CTS Prep Course which are chargeable, admission to the InfoComm Asia 2010 Trade Exhibition and Summit is free, for trade and professionals only. Registration is required. Onsite registration opens from 9.30 am daily. The Trade Exhibition hours are from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on the first two days, and from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm on the final day.
InfoCommAsia Pte Ltd is dedicated to delivering professionally organized exhibitions and events exclusively for the pro AV and systems integration industry in Asia. It is a joint venture between InfoComm International®, organizers of InfoComm, the world leading event for the audiovisual industry and MP Asia Pte Ltd, a founding partner of WEO, a regional network of professional event organizers committed to supporting fellow industry players.
InfoCommAsia events bring together global solutions and world class technology, provide access to Asia's diverse and thriving markets, and deliver expert knowledge to industry practitioners and manufacturers. Besides staging cutting -edge showcases, every InfoCommAsia event promises invaluable education and training, expert presentations, live pavilions and exciting networking opportunities, providing new age marketing opportunities for the global AV industry.
InfoComm International® is the international trade association of the professional audiovisual and information communications industries. Established in 1939, InfoComm's 5,000 members including manufacturers, systems integrators, dealers and distributors, independent consultants, programmers, rental and staging companies, end -users and multimedia professionals from more than 80 countries. InfoComm International® is the leading resource for AV market research and news. Its training and education programs, along with its separately administered Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) and corporately administered Certified Audiovisual Solutions Provider (CAVSP) credentials, set a standard of excellence for AV professionals. InfoComm International is the founder of InfoComm, the largest annual conference and exhibition for AV buyers and sellers worldwide. InfoComm also co -sponsors the Integrated Systems show in Europe and Russia and the InfoCommAsia shows InfoComm China, InfoComm India and InfoComm Asia.
Additional information is available at www.infocomm.org.