Putting control of your home in the palm of your hand.
Following the successful launch of its Halo self -install IP home security product & service, Intamac Systems Ltd today announce availability of the supporting Home Halo iPhone® application. Available now as a free download from the iTunes® store, Home Halo provides iPhone users with the ability to easily monitor, manage and control their connected home devices from anywhere in the world, directly using their handset.
Key features of the Halo Home iPhone app include:
• The ability to view the current status of, and recent events from, connected devices in your home
• Remotely control your home, switching the Security system on and off.
• Set the order of nominated Contacts who will receive messages via voice -call, SMS, email and even Twitter, if an alert is triggered.
• Track 'trigger' events, raising alerts if specific events do / do not occur
• The ability record and view video from connected Halo IP cameras.
Featuring a slick and easy to navigate user interface, the app allows users to remotely control a range of Halo devices in their home directly from an iPhone, and provides real time information via a variety of services including SMS, email and Twitter. The Halo home monitoring service can also be accessed via a PC, and can be tailored to a broad range of useful applications, specific to individual needs including;
• Home security - automated monitoring & messaging service, collecting real time data from a wide variety of sensors including intruder, fire, flood, panic and much more
• Video - view live streaming images from connected Ip cameras via PC or smartphone, or capture and save recorded clips to be viewed at a later date
• Caring for your family members - including emergency alarms, daily activity tracking, and user definable alert triggers to allow you to passively monitor and care for loved ones from afar and at all times
"Using the latest wireless connected home technology, Halo offers a complete and highly customisable wireless product and service bundled solution, whichallows you to monitor and control any aspect of your home or family," commented Kevin Meagher, CEO, Intamac Systems, the award winning platform service provider behind the Halo range. "With Home Halo now available on the iPhone, our customers have control of their homes in the palm of their hands, whenever and wherever they are in the world. Whether the end aspiration is to have a fully integrated smarthome, or simply a burglar alarm that offers a bit more, Halo products and services give customers real choice and flexibility, and help make the connected home a reality."
Launched to the UK consumer market last month, Halo comprises a complete range of wireless, simple to use and affordable devices including a wireless camera, key fob, movement detector, door contact, smoke detector, external siren, external dummy siren, water / flood detector and keypad.
These devices all communicate wirelessly to the Halo control hub, which then sends data via broadband to the monitoring platform. Should an alert be triggered from any sensor, the system automatically notifies the homeowner and a list of their nominated contacts giving full details of the events and responses.
The Halo 100 starter kit is available now from www.home -halo.co.uk at a special price of £199 until 30th September 2010 by entering the discount code INT1025 when purchasing the kit.
About Intamac Systems
Intamac Systems is a market leader in the integration and networking of devices within the connected home. Founded in 2000 and based in the UK, Intamac was the first company in the world to exploit cloud based computing to support the deployment of value added services to the Connected Home. Their platform is an enterprise solution that takes leverages broadband and mobile to deliver innovative security, video surveillance, automation, energy management and telecare solutions to the mass consumer space. With fixed and mobile broadband becoming ubiquitous, Intamac Systems use their platform to simplify the installation and deployment of devices to provide turnkey solutions to partners that want to exploit growth opportunities in the connected home. The entry of utilities seeking to extend beyond the meter into the home as part of their Smart Grid strategies has brought new channels for Intamac's innovative services.
Intamac was listed in the 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. It also won the European Business Awards for Best New Innovation where CEO, Kevin Meagher, received a Ruban d'Honneurs for European Entrepreneur of the Year. For more information see www.intamac.com
Siobhan Gaffan/Ellen Sinclair, EML, +44 208 408 8000, firstname.lastname@example.org