High-purity silver coating over audiophile-grade copper conductors ensures best-in-class video clarity and audio transfer capability
Grand Rapids, MI -February 18th, 2010 -Pangea Audio (www.pangeaaudio.com), delivering unprecedented value to the audiophile marketplace, has announced the introduction of Pangea Audio's HD -24PC HDMI cable, featuring a high -purity silver coating over audiophile -grade PCOCC (99.99999% pure) OHNO -cast copper conductors (a patented casting process developed by professor Ohno of the Chiba Institute of Technology in Japan), which are typically ten -times more expensive than standard copper conductors. Thanks to this premium combination, you'll enjoy fantastic video signal clarity and audio transfer for the ultimate movie playback experience.
Triple -Shielded Cables Employ 4% Silver Coating and Gold -Plated Contacts
Pangea HD -24PC 24 -gauge cable is triple -shielded for maximum RF and EMI rejection, and it uses advanced nitrogen gas -injected dielectric wire insulation along with gold -plated type A HDMI connectors featuring corrosion -resistant gold -plated contacts and a two -shot custom designed molded connector body. The 4% silver coating provides the best possible video signal transmission and overall detail, and the OHNO -cast copper conductors are the best solution for clear audio reproduction.
High Speed 340 MHz, 10.2 Gbps Cable
Pangea HD -24PC high -speed HDMI cable is 340 -MHz (10.2 -Gbps) category 2 -certified for HD signals up to 1080p and higher. It supports 10 -bit, 12 -bit & 16 -bit Deep Color depths for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail - plus "x.v.Color™" which removes current color space limitations and enables the display of any color viewable to the human eye. The ultra -wide bandwidth specification supports Tru 24 fps, and 120 Hz refresh rate.
Supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS -HD Master Audio
On the audio side, Pangea supports high -bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently available compressed formats such as SACD, DVD -Audio, Dolby Digital and DTS, plus adds additional support for new lossless compressed audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS -HD Master Audio™ and other formats.*
Pangea supports 192 kHz/24 -bit audio signal transfer and is fully compatible with Blu -Ray DVD player, HDTV and other high -resolution video devices.
Lengths Above 3.0M are CL -3 Rated
HD -24PC cable lengths above 3.0M have a CL -3 rated PVC cover for in -wall installation. Lengths less than 4.0M have a braided jacket covering that protects the cable cover from damage, scuffing, and cracking for extended cable life.
*Note: Other supported audio formats include: PCM (2/5/7* -channel), AC -3, E -AC -3, MPEG1 -layerI, MPEG1 -layerII, MP3, MPEG2, AAC LC, HE -AAC, HE -AAC v2, DST (as used in SACD), DSD (as used in SACD), ATRAC, WMA pro, & MLP (as used in DVD -Audio)
· 24 -gauge audio & video signal conductors
· Audiophile -Grade PCOCC (99.99999% Pure) OHNO -cast Copper Conductors with High -Purity Silver Coating for Fantastic Video Signal Clarity & Audio Transfer
· Triple -Shielding for Maximum RF - & EMI rejection
· Advanced Nitrogen Gas -Injected dielectric wire insulation
· High -Speed HDMI, 340 -MHz (10.2 -Gbps) Category 2 -certified for HD signals up to 1080p and higher
· Gold -Plated Type A HDMI connector with corrosion -resistant gold -plated contacts
· Two -Shot custom designed molded connector body
· Flexible connector strain relief
· Highly flexible conductor design
· Lengths under 4.0M: Braided jacket covering protects cable cover from damage, scuffing and cracking for extended cable life
· Lengths above 3.0M: PVC cover is CL -3 rated for in -wall installation
· Supports 10 -bit, 12 -bit & 16 -bit Deep Color depths for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail
· Supports "x.v.Color™" which removes current color space limitations and enables the display of any color viewable to the human eye.
· Incorporates automatic audio synching (lip sync) capabilities
· Supports high -bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently available compressed formats such as SACD, DVD -Audio, Dolby Digital® and DTS®, plus adds additional support for new lossless compressed audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS -HD Master Audio™ and other formats*
· Ultra -wide bandwidth specification supports Tru 24 fps, and 120 Hz refresh rate
· Supports 192 kHz/24 -bit audio signal transfer
· Fully compatible with Blu -Ray DVD player, HDTV and other high -resolution video devices
Pangea HD -24PC HDMI cables are available now through authorized dealers and through their exclusive online/catalog retailer (www.audioadvisor.com). HD -24PC cables range in price and size -from the 0.6 meter with a MAP of $39.99 to the 15 meter with a MAP of $249.99.
All dealer inquiries, please contact: www.wsdistributing.com
HDMI, the HDMI Logo and High -Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC
About Pangea Audio: Pangea Audio (www.pangeaaudio.com) is dedicated to bringing the world fine audio at sensible prices. Pangea products are based on the designs of engineer Jay Victor, holder of approximately 40 patents for cable geometry and connector design. Victor was instrumental in developing literally hundreds of audio products over approximately five years for prestigious brands. His prior background includes 12 years of intensive engineering work on such devices as x -ray cables and wire harnesses, proprietary connector design, and scientific test instrument design. All Pangea Audio cable designs are engineered and evaluated using sophisticated test instruments. However, all final design decisions are made only after intensive listening tests and comparisons with reference designs.