Future ready agnostic media platform avoids planned obsolescence by focusing on direct digital delivery and storage
CodexNovus, the performance leader in stand -alone and networked high definition media server and media server/player products, announces it will proudly showcase its expanded second generation of Digital Media Server/Players in the Christie Digital (#1H53) and Stewart Filmscreen (#1H93) booths at Integrated Systems Europe 2009 (ISE), held February 3 -5 in Amsterdam.
In addition to being the future -ready digital media platform for virtually any residential and commercial application, CodexNovus is the acknowledged performance leader in providing pristine, artifact -free High -Definition video with superb color fidelity at resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080p and beyond for integrated projection systems, front projection home theaters and big screen flat panel applications. As well the CodexNovus' HDcodex product assortment offers single, multi -room or whole house solutions to store, organize and playback entire media collections with easy, instantaneous random access to all digital media -movies, music and digital images.
No more one -movie -at -a -time from your collection. Utilizing CodexNovus' proprietary Peer -to -Peer architecture, the fully -expandable CodexNovus Peer -to -Peer Network allows unlimited combinations of the CodexNovus' DMS -6000 Digital Media Server, award -winning Digital Media Server/Players and the Digital Media Player configured into an extensive, robust network for a completely flexible, upgradeable whole house accessible multimedia library. The newly added budget -conscious Studio Digital Media Server/Player stores approximately 100 DVD's or 835 CD's at a suggested retail price of $2,999 joins the massive Stadium Digital Media Server/Player which stores approximately 600 DVD's or 5,000 CD's at a suggested retail price of $6,799. The large capacity Concert Digital Media Server/Player stores approximately 450 DVD's or 3,750 CD's at a suggested retail price of $5,699, while the mid -sized Theater Digital Media Server/Player stores approximately 300 DVD's or 2,500 CD's at a suggested retail price of $4,499. The Digital Media Player at a suggested retail price of $2,299 can be combined with any number of networked CodexNovus Digital Media Servers and Server/Players if local storage is not preferred.
All CodexNovus Digital Media Server/Players are built around the powerful, proprietary HDcodex software architecture. Eliminating the time and frustration of searching through media collections, HDcodex empowers users by giving them the ability to consolidate, catalog and organize their video, music and picture media libraries using an interface that is so elegant and simple that everyone in the family will feel comfortable using it. Browse all stored media, music, movies or images regardless the format or network location, easily and uniformly through the HDcodex on -screen user interface with detailed metadata -artist, album, genre, and style information -for thousands of albums and movies.
Families can quickly and easily store and play back their entire digital media collections, no matter the device. No file conversions and re -conversions, no glitches, no hassle. Media is easily imported via USB, eSATA or via the DVD/CD drive and the four slot 8 -in -1 flash media readers of the Digital Media Reader.
• Store all your digital media, including Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) digital video, home video, high resolution 7.1 & 5.1 multi -channel and stereo digital audio, photo/imagery (digital images) and interactive media content
• View or listen to any stored file with the touch of a button, no device changes, no file conversions, no glitches, and no hassle!
• The CodexNovus Digital Media Server/Player line -up can hold virtually any home multimedia collection.
• HDcodex supports all common and popular file formats of your movies, home movies, recorded TV, downloaded movies and music, digital music and photos.
o Video: AVI, EVO, MP2, MPA, MPV, MPV2, MPE, MPG, MPEG, OGM, M4A, M4V, TS, TP & VOB
o Audio: MP3, AAC, M4A, SPX, OGG, FLAC & WAV
o Images: PNG, JPE, JPEG, JPG, BMP, TIF, TIFF & GIF
• USB ports on front and back panels.
• eSATA port for direct external drive connection delivers rapid access of stored digital content (not included on Digital Media Player)
• Adding the USB connected CodexNovus DVD/CD/8 -in -1 Digital Media Reader provides support for unencrypted DVDs and CDs and a wide variety of data storage/transfer technologies, including Type I/II Compact Flash, IBM Microdrive, 3.3V SmartMedia, Secure Digital/Multimedia Card (SD), Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO.
• All include easy to use hand held IR remote control
• CodexNovus HDcodex Digital Media Server/Players are compatible with most popular home control systems.
Attesting to their no -compromise approach to performance, all CodexNovus' devices have received full Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) Certification insuring that they meet the metrics and specifications that define the very best video performance available for consumers.
• CodexNovus future ready agnostic media platform avoids planned obsolescence by focusing on direct digital delivery and storage
• Digital Media Server/Players are built around the powerful, proprietary HDcodex software architecture that allows users to catalog and browse all stored media, music, movies, images and playlists in whatever the format or network location.
• The HDcodex Digital Media Server/Players play back digital media in lossless 5.1 and 7.1 high -resolution digital audio and artifact -free High Definition video with superb color fidelity at resolutions of up to 1920 x 1080p and beyond.
• The CodexNovus Peer -to -Peer Network's versatility can incorporate a virtually unlimited number of Digital Media Servers, Server/Players and/or Players to accommodate any digital media collection
• The Digital Media Server/Player Series is comprised of five different models for the ultimate in flexibility: The Stadium (MRSP $6,799), the Concert (MSRP $5,699), the Theater (MSRP $4,499), the Studio (MSRP $2,999) and the Player (MSRP $2,299).