Niles' versatile, custom installation-specific home theater loudspeaker line honored by Consumer Electronics Association with prestigious industry award
MIAMI, FLORIDA - March 24, 2008 - Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, has announced the company's StageFront Home Theater Solutions™ loudspeaker line has been named the 2008 TechHome® Mark of Excellence Award winner in the Best Speaker Systems category. Designed specifically for home theater applications, the line includes both in -wall and cabinet models that are voice -matched to deliver consistent uniform sound quality, regardless of loudspeaker type. This frees custom installers to design systems incorporating some models that are built into cabinets or placed on stands with others that are built into walls, optimizing performance, appearance and design flexibility. This is a feature unique to Niles, as no other brand on the market today offers voice -matched cabinet and in -wall home theater loudspeakers that can be mixed and matched, while maintaining seamless integration and timbre. The Mark of Excellence Awards program, presented by CEA's TechHome Division, recognizes the best in custom home electronics products, services and installed technology and represents only the most recent among Niles' numerous industry accolades. Mark of Excellence Award winners were recognized at a banquet held March 14th at the 2008 Electronic House Expo (EHX) Spring 2008 in Orlando, Fla.
"We are extremely proud and honored to have the StageFront Home Theater Solutions selected by the CEA for this prestigious award, "said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. "The entire Niles team worked very hard to develop a great sounding line of home theater loudspeakers that uniquely address real installation challenges and it is quite gratifying to have our efforts acknowledged", Sterns added.
The StageFront In -Wall Loudspeaker assortment includes four LCR models and two dedicated Surround Effects loudspeakers. All feature a ported enclosure tuned specifically for maximum sensitivity, dynamics and high -fidelity sound in an in -wall application and all fit within a standard 2" x 4" stud -wall depth. A steel bezel permanently affixed to the baffle board enables drivers to be placed as far forward as possible and provides for maximum use of the air volume within the wall. Each loudspeaker is equipped with epoxy -coated flat -steel grilles using a magnetic attachment method and a captured toggle bolt mounting system with metal dogs for easy retrofit installation. The StageFront Pro Loudspeakers line is comprised of four LCR models, two dedicated on -wall Surround Effects models and a high -performance box subwoofer. All feature sealed box construction for accurate extended low frequency response. Enclosures are constructed from 1" medium density fiberboard and are finished in matte black with sculpted metal grilles. Box dimensions are specifically designed to match rack -mount cabinet width when the loudspeakers are placed vertically or horizontally.
Additional Niles StageFront Features:
- 12 -Volt trigger activated bi -pole/di -pole switching
- Pivoting midrange/tweeter pods for optimal sound from a variety of install locations
- Resonance -controlling cabinets for predictably -precise imaging
- Advanced technology drivers with cast baskets, carbon -fiber woofers and fluid -cooled Teteron tweeters ensure a dynamic impact that is on par with the best movie theaters
• Niles' StageFront Home Theater Solutions™ loudspeaker line has been named a 2008 TechHome® Mark of Excellence Award Winner in the Best Speaker Systems category
• Designed specifically for home theater applications, the line includes both in -wall and cabinet models that are voice -matched to deliver consistent uniform sound quality, regardless of loudspeaker type
• This frees custom installers to design systems incorporating some models that are built into cabinets or placed on stands with others that are built into walls, optimizing performance, appearance and design flexibility
• The Mark of Excellence Awards program, presented by CEA's TechHome Division, recognizes the best in custom home electronics products, services and installed technology and represents only the most recent among Niles' numerous industry accolades
Miami -based Niles Audio Corporation is a 30 -year -old company recognized as The First Name in Custom Installation®. The company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products and accessories and is guided by its vision to be the world's leading provider of products and services that enable professional custom installers to design and install systems that delight their customers. To that end, Niles pursues a mission to provide solutions for end users which enable simple and easy access to home entertainment and that integrate seamlessly with other low voltage subsystems like lighting, internet, security and HVAC in residential and light commercial environments. Niles conducts its business with a promise to treat its customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders with fairness and respect and to foster teamwork, innovation and a commitment to be the best in everything it does.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.