Big button interface provides one-touch operation of even the most complicated home theater systems and offers installers an easy-to-use and simple-to-install solution
MIAMI, FLORIDA - February 14, 2008 - Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, today announced that the company's iC2TM -an easy -to -use, simple -to -install, advanced home theater automation system -is now shipping. The iC2 consists of two components, an elegant user interface with large easy -to -see buttons and a main system unit that manages all other components in a home theater system including television, home theater receiver and up to 14 additional sources like digital video recorders, DVD players and cable/satellite receivers. The iC2 system has a flexible architecture that accommodates virtually any home theater design and is equipped with ZigBee® wireless technology to ensure consistently reliable operation of complicated system turn -on/set -up procedures from the touch of a single button. With the Niles iC2 system, custom installation professionals can now offer their clients rewarding home theater viewing experiences that anyone in the family can access from an intuitive user interface. Even young children and seniors will enjoy home theater with none of the hassles associated with synchronizing and operating increasingly complicated home theater systems.
"We targeted a growing segment of customers who prefer an easy -to -see, button -based wireless remote that automates even the most complicated home theaters with a single touch," said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. "Now anyone in the family can operate the most complicated home theater from a single tactile user interface."
The iC2 Home Theater Automation and Control System has the added advantage of being simple to set up and install by professional integrators. The main system unit, which houses all component commands and issues them in the appropriate sequence, is programmed easily via Niles QuickConfig™ wizard -based software. During system configuration, the installer answers a series of logical questions after which the system is automatically configured and transferred to the main system unit via Niles IRCS Infrared Capture Station.
QuickConfig saves installers time on the job and reduces their learning curve, both of which lead to improved productivity. The iC2 Home Theater Automation and Control System is now shipping to authorized Niles dealers.
• Niles' iC2 Home Theater Automation and Control System is now shipping
• The MSRP for the iC2 is $995.95
• The iC2 is an easy -to -use, simple -to -install, advanced home theater automation and control system
• The iC2 system includes two components: a table -top tactile user interface and a main system unit
• The iC2 system is targeted for individuals who prefer an easy to see tactile user interface that can be configured to operate sophisticated home theater systems from a single button press
• The iC2 system utilizes ZigBee wireless technology to ensure consistently reliable operation
• System setup is accomplished in minimal time using Quick -Config Wizard -based software
• iC2 integrates large lighted buttons, one -touch master key operation and an ergonomic design, making the system a compelling alternative to multiple remote controls or other complicated systems using nested menu operation
Miami -based Niles Audio Corporation is a 30 -year -old company recognized as The First Name in Custom Installation®. The company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products and accessories and is guided by its vision to be the world's leading provider of products and services that enable professional custom installers to design and install systems that delight their customers. To that end, Niles pursues a mission to provide solutions for end users which enable simple and easy access to home entertainment and that integrate seamlessly with other low voltage subsystems like lighting, internet, security and HVAC in residential and light commercial environments. Niles conducts its business with a promise to treat its customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders with fairness and respect and to foster teamwork, innovation and a commitment to be the best in everything it does.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.