Plug-and play iPOD® integration, built-in tuner, weather-resistant keypads and advanced digital amplification give custom installation professionals what their clients want most
MIAMI, FLORIDA - September 6, 2007 - Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, announced today the introduction of the new ZR -6 MultiZone Receiver. The ZR -6 is a six -source, six -zone whole house audio receiver outfitted with features that the majority of multizone customers demand most often - specifically "one touch to music" from popular sources like iPOD, AM/FM and cable/satellite broadcasts with intuitive keypads, including models that display metadata, that can be located indoors or out. The receiver includes a built -in AM/FM tuner, iPOD integration port, a learning infrared (IR) remote control, rack mount ears and an advanced 60 Watts per zone (30 Watts per channel) digital amplifier that is capable of driving two pairs of 8 Ohm loudspeakers in each zone. Additionally, the ZR -6 comes pre -programmed for iPOD operation and requires no computer programming during set -up. A built -in wizard walks installers through programming of connected source to speed and simplify the installation process.
"Niles' new ZR -6 MultiZone Receiver hits the heart of the market with all of the features customers want, like one touch operation, iPOD integration with keypads that display metadata and phenomenal sound," said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. "If dealers had to choose just one multizone system to carry, the ZR -6 would be the one," Sterns added.
To operate the ZR -6, customers may choose from two master keypad options including the Solo® -6 IR, an elegant single gang keypad, and the Solo -6 MD, a single gang keypad with metadata display. Both keypads can be augmented with the Numeric™ -6P accessory keypad that enables alphanumeric search of menus and direct access to favorite channels/play lists. Both master keypads include built -in infrared (IR) sensors for transmitting commands back to the ZR -6 and connected source components. All new Niles keypads are weather resistant - opening up new installation possibilities in moist environments like bathrooms, spas and outdoors.
Additional Niles ZR -6 Specifications:
- RS232 and discrete IR control for each of the six zones provides seamless integration with third -party remote control systems
- Paging input accommodates voice announcements from a telephone and/or doorbell tones from the Niles DBI -1 Interface
- System architecture allows expansion to eighteen zones via additional ZR -6 MultiZone Receivers
- Phantom home theater zone enables source sharing with independent home theater system via global IR input and home theater sync
- IR storage includes two library pages for storing infrared commands to operate devices such as drapes and lights
- Each zone is equipped with independent bass, treble and variable loudness tone controls
- Preamplifier outputs are available for each zone with zones 4, 5 and 6 being fixed or variable outputs
- Four 12V control output voltage triggers
- Two -year limited warranty
• The ZR -6 MultiZone Receiver distributes up to six sources to six zones and can be expanded to 18 zones by adding additional ZR -6 receivers
• The ZR -6 features a built -in AM/FM tuner and is pre -programmed to operate Apple's iPOD with no additional programming
• The ZR -6 uses advanced digital amplification of 60 Watts per zone
• The ZR -6 configures quickly and easily via front panel control and wizard/display prompts to guide the installer though external source integration
• Supporting keypads feature weather resistant construction for installation in moist areas and outdoors
• The ZR -6 can be configured to provide "one touch to music" by issuing appropriate connected source commands and manages connected source power via sync connections
Miami -based Niles Audio Corporation is a 30 -year -old company recognized as the First Name in Custom Installation®. The company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products and accessories and is guided by its vision to be the world's leading provider of products and services that enable professional custom installers to design and install systems that delight their customers. To that end, Niles pursues a mission to provide solutions for end users which enable simple and easy access to home entertainment and that integrate seamlessly with other low voltage subsystems like lighting, internet, security and HVAC in residential and light commercial environments. Niles conducts its business with a promise to treat its customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders with fairness and respect and to foster teamwork, innovation and a commitment to be the best in everything it does.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.