5.1 Home Theater System with Wireless Rear Surround Speakers is Honoree of Home Theater Speakers Category for 2008 CES Innovations Awards
MARLBORO, NJ - January 7, 2008 - KEF, renowned British manufacturer of audiophile -quality speakers and world -class home theater speakers, adds yet another award to its roster of accolades with the 2008 CES Innovations Awards. KEF received top honors Tuesday in the "Home Theater Speakers" category for its KHT5005.2W 5.1 Home Theater System with Wireless Rear Surround speakers as the Innovations 2008 Design and Engineering Award Honoree.
"In pushing the envelope on design and engineering, we've developed a wireless system that is the definition of true innovation," stated Alec Chanin, president of KEF America. "We are extremely thrilled and honored that KEF's KHT5005.2W 5.1 Home Theater System was chosen to be the 2008 Innovations Honoree. This accolade from CES shows that our achievements in providing the perfect addition to any home theater, where consumers are looking for a stylish solution that eliminates unsightly cables and provides high -quality wireless surround sound with remarkable ease of installation, have not gone unnoticed."
The KHT5005.2W speaker system delivers CD quality audio with 'Intelligent' Interference Free Signal Technology that eliminates speaker cable wiring problems as well as interference issues that have plagued other manufacturer's attempts to produce wireless speakers. Consumers no longer need to be concerned about lengthy speaker cables running from the amplifier to the rear speakers and can locate the speakers virtually anywhere in the room - without the inconvenience associated with traditional cabling - and receive remarkable CD quality audio with exceptional clarity and remarkable lack of extraneous interference.
The KHT5005.2W system is simple and convenient to connect and set -up and makes true 5.1 channel home theater surround sound available to people who otherwise wouldn't have considered it.
In order to achieve robust audiophile -grade sound, KEF has developed a leading -edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology that uses the most advanced error -protection and sophisticated adaptive frequency -hopping to ensure an interference -free signal. This proprietary technology is pre -emptive and will change channels automatically to a pre -negotiated frequency (within the best available band) before any errors start to occur. CD -quality audio won't be affected by microwave ovens, cordless phones, or LAN routers. Homeowners have the flexibility of placing their rear speakers anywhere they want as well as moving them to different locations if desired.
KEF's KHT5005.2W 5.1 Home Theatre System with Wireless Rear Surround Speakers is comprised of four HTS5001 satellite speakers for front and rear surround channels, one HTC5001 center channel speaker, one HTB2 powered sub -woofer, one Universal Wireless Transmitter and two Wireless 5000 Series Receivers. For a complete wireless set -up, just add two more Wireless 5000 Series Receivers to the front satellites.
KEF Wireless Technology - Key Features:
• CD -quality audio transmission achieved with a revolutionary 2.4GHz radio frequency wireless link that ensures real time audio delivery with no mutes, audio dropouts or loss of bonding.
• HFADPCM (hi -fidelity adaptive differential pulse code modulation) with advanced forward error correction is utilized to ensure that the audio signal remains interference -free from devices such as wireless LAN routers, digital cordless telephones, mobile phones and microwave ovens.
• Unique pre -emptive frequency hopping and adaptive channel diversity features enable the transmission system to change channels automatically to a pre -negotiated frequency so that the system hops to the best available channel before errors start to occur.
• Simple and convenient connection and set -up.
• Integrated wireless receivers are compatible with the desk mounted or floor standing speaker configurations of the KHT5000 series.
• KEF's KHT5005.2W 5.1 Home Theatre System with Wireless Rear Surround Speakers has been selected as Innovations 2008 Design and Engineering Award Honoree for the 2008 CES Innovations Award "Home Theater Speakers" category.
• Home audio without the wires, provides great installation flexibility.
• KEF achieves CD quality sound via leading -edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology using advanced error -protection and sophisticated adaptive frequency -hopping.
• Robust, interference -free audio reproduction, unaffected by devices such as wireless LAN routers, digital cordless telephones or microwave ovens
• The KHT5005.2W 5.1 Home Theatre System with Wireless Rear Surround Speakers (four HTS5001 satellite speakers for front and surround channels, one HTC5001 center channel speaker, one HTB2 powered sub -woofer, one Universal Wireless Transmitter and two Wireless 5000 Series Receivers) is available now and retails at $2,599.99.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $148 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,200 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also sponsors and manages the International CES - Where Entertainment, Technology and Business Converge. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA's industry services.
Find more information, visit CEA online at www.CE.org.
About KEF Audio
KEF Audio, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile -quality speakers for modern home cinema, hi -fi and custom installation applications. KEF products are distributed around the globe and have won numerous industry awards from both sides of the Atlantic. The KEF brand is long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of new materials, new technologies and design ingenuity. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF passionately remains true to its patented, proven technologies such as Uni -Q® and ACE®. These characteristics, traditions and above all sound quality, secure KEF's reputation as truly world -class.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a stream of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground -breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.
For additional information about KEF and its award -winning products, please visit www.kef.com.
# # #