More Flexibility for Customers in What They Want To Listen To and Where
Sylmar, Calif. - September 24, 2007 - Xantech Corporation has now made it possible for several music lovers in a home to create their own, distinct musical environment. The new XMusicw+ Digital Music Server allows users to quickly browse through an entire library of music and create four distinct musical areas throughout the home, allowing different songs to play in four different zones of a home or office at the same time.
XMusicw+ can store up to 2,800 hours of music easily ripped from CDs at 20x real -time speed, and it neatly sorts information by song title, album, artist name and music genre. With the capability to create and store custom playlists, the users' music can be tailored to suit their unique tastes; or users may simply select random play for a fresh playlist every time.
The new XMusicw+ is the perfect source to connect to Xantech's open architecture platform, which includes the award -winning MRC88 and MRAUDIO8X8.
"Once again, we have demonstrated why Xantech is renowned for its innovation. The XMusicw+ Digital Music Server is also completely compatible with iPods® and iTunes®, in addition to Windows Media™ Player, allowing users almost complete flexibility in the ways they want to enjoy their music and where they want to enjoy it," said Graham Hallett, president of Xantech. "We plan to leverage our superior quality and depth of products to make Xantech the go -to place for products when customers want to open a window into enterprise systems."
The XMusicw+ features include:
• 160GB hard drive, enough memory for up to 2800 hours of compressed digital music, or memory for up to 250 hours of uncompressed digital music.
• Quick and easy access to an entire collection of music in one organized player.
• Music can be accessed via a simple Graphical User Interface from Xantech's SPLCD touch panels or keypads connected to a MRC88 or MRAUDIO8X8 system.
• Meta -data streams on keypads; actual GUI is used on SPLCD touch panels.
• Quick connect and integration template with Xantech distribution systems.
• Music is simultaneously available in four different zones and four different streams.
• Cover art is available for most albums.
• Sort and search music by artist, genre, track or album.
• Playlists can be created and saved.
• The entire range of music can be played randomly or filtered for random play by genre, album or artist.
• Built in Web Browser.
• LAN connectivity for easy uploads and downloads and backup of the stored music.
• MP3 and iPod player interface.
• Online software upgrades supported when connected to LAN.
• 20X ripping speed from built CD player and CD tray.
In Brief: Release Summary
• XMusicw+ Digital Music Server allows four separate, concurrent, musical zones in a home.
• 160GB hard drive stores approximately 2,800 hours of compressed music or 250 hours of uncompressed music.
• Fully compatible with iPods, iTunes and Windows Media Player.
About Xantech Corporation
Established in 1969, Xantech Corporation (www.xantech.com) designs and manufactures an extensive range of state of the art A/V Distribution and Control Systems, and Component Products, many of which have become the de facto industry standards. Since 1969, over two million of these systems have been installed worldwide.
The Xantech product line includes LCD Touchpanel Controllers, Multi -Zone, Multi -Source Audio/Video Systems, Multi -Zone, Multi -Source Pre -amplifiers, Multi -Channel Audio Amplifiers, Infrared Receivers, Remote Control Switchers, Interface Modules, IR Connecting Blocks, IR Emitters, Volume Controls and IR Accessories. Products are sold to Professional Installers and Distributors directly from Xantech.
Xantech's products are marketed in North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe. Xantech is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc. (www.nortek -inc.com), a multinational manufacturer and distributor of building products for residential and commercial markets. Nortek, established in 1967, is headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island.
For additional information about Xantech and its innovative products, please visit www.xantech.com.