Leadership in Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications and Mobile Entertainment Powers Samsung`s CES Offering
LAS VEGAS, NV - January 8, 2004 - Samsung Electronics Corp., the world`s fastest growing consumer electronics brand, kicks off the 2004 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV from January 8th -11th with 11 Innovations 2004 Design and Engineering Showcase Awards - four in the video category, four in the audio category and three in handheld phones. With a portfolio of never -before -seen products, Samsung takes centre stage at CES 2004 and is geared up to bring the next generation of consumer electronics to the Canadian marketplace.
Home Entertainment Leadership
Stunning examples of TV display technology headline Samsung`s product portfolio debuting at CES 2004.
· Bigger is better! Samsung is making waves with the debut of the world`s first 57` TFT -LCD HD -TV - - the largest possible size for a fifth -generation LCD
· Samsung`s three new lines of LCD TVs, ranging in screen size from 15 to 20 inches - the 35 series, 45 series and LTP179DW, the first LCD TV/DVD combo - offer consumers more ways to achieve their home entertainment dreams
· Taking the plasma TV to new heights, Samsung`s 80` PDP TV is the world`s largest plasma TV with full -HD capability
· Committed to making great products even better, Samsung`s new line of plasma TVs, SPP4231, SPP4251, HPN4239 and HPP5061 feature new cabinet designs, improved front of screen performance and SRS TruSurround(tm) XT Audio Technology
· Making the home an even brighter place to watch TV, Samsung`s new 56` Wide Screen DLP TV, HLP5685W, is designed with Samsung`s proprietary Cinema Smooth(tm) Gen 4 Optic System for improved picture quality performance
· Samsung`s new 42` Wide Screen HDTV Monitor projection TV with space -saving table top design, HCP4252W, allows consumers to upgrade their TV without changing their TV stand
· Revive your home entertainment centre with Samsung`s all -in -one new Blu -ray Disc Recorder (BD -R1000), which offers incredible multimedia functionality including digital and analog recording, DVD and CD playback and Home Theatre capabilities
· DVD recording is even easier with Samsung`s new line of DVD Recorders capable of supporting DVD -RAM, DVD -RW and DVD -R
· Up -convert your digital video to achieve stunning cinema -quality DVD playback with Samsung`s new up -conversion DVD players, DVD -HD841 and DVD -HD941
Set top box receiver
· Samsung`s all -in -one set top box receiver, SIR -TS360, offers complete HDTV solution for over -the -air and DIRECTV® broadcasts
· The new SIR -S4040R DIRECTV® DVR with TiVo® Service with a 40GB hard drive to capture up to 35 hours of TV storage
Home Theatre Systems
· Go wireless with Samsung`s new HT -DB390 wireless Home Theatre System offering 400 Watts of audio power using a Wireless Rear Amplifier SWA -1000 and rear speakers
· Slim down enjoying more with Samsung`s HT -AS700 slim digital A/V receiver, which upgrades 5.1 -channel sound into a 6.1 -channel listening experience
· Grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the cinema quality sound of 6.1 channel sound from Samsung`s HT -AS2000
· Get an all -in -one entertainment solution with Samsung`s HCP4363W HDTV monitor with a built -in Home Theatre System
From Mini DVs to 30GB HDD players, Samsung`s innovative line of mobile entertainment products is showcased at CES 2004.
Mini DV / Camcorder
· Building on the Duocam - the original digital camera and camcorder in one - the new Duocam SC -D6040 features a 4.13 Megapixel Digital Still Camera combined with a Mini DV Digital Camcorder
· Samsung`s ultra -small SCD -100 series of Mini DV Camcorders, and ultra -lightweight SCD -300 and 400 series of camcorders make shooting even easier
· Raising the bar for the portable DVD category, Samsung`s DVD -L1200 features a record -breaking 12` TFT -LCD in an ultra -slim design
Digital Audio Players
· Building on the success of the YEPP line of MP3 players, the new YP -60 Sports YEPP features a heart rate, calorie burning counter and stopwatch for the sports/fitness enthusiast
· The all -in -one 30GB YH -920 Hard Disk Drive player combines an FM Radio with an MP3 encoder and allows encoding from line -in source material
· The world`s smallest digital audio jukebox, the YH -800 Hard Disk Drive player, features a 1.5GB hard disk drive in its 2.25` x 2.25` x 1` frame
Mobile Phones and Multimedia Messaging (MMS) Leadership
Samsung`s commitment to developing high quality, high performance and fashionable wireless devices is evident from its impressive line -up of wireless products being unveiled at CES 2004.
· The fashionable new SGH -E715 camera phone includes multi -shot imaging features and advanced messaging capabilities
· The feature -packed SPH -A600 wireless phone and digital camera includes Samsung`s patented rotating flip design
· Part of Samsung`s Mobile Intelligent Terminals (MIT) series, the SPH -i700 has the functionality of an integrated digital camera with a Window -powered Pocket PC
· As the first CDMA Windows Mobile TM Smartphone in the U.S., the SCH -i600 is an all -in -one device with the means to keep personal and professional lives in sync
About Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. has been operating in Canada since 1987, selling products especially selected for the needs of the Canadian consumer. Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. is divided into two divisions: Consumer Electronics, which sells products ranging from High Definition TVs to BigWash washers and dryers, and the Information Technology Division, which specializes in computer peripherals such as monitors, laser printers and storage products.
Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. is the Canadian -based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company Ltd. of Korea, a major global manufacturer of innovative telecommunications products, consumer electronics, computers and peripherals and semiconductors, with fully -integrated sales, service and marketing activities in 47 countries and R&D activities in 13 research centres around the world. For more information on Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. and Samsung products, visit the company`s Web site at www.samsung.ca.