Back in 1999, we installed a very small "bathtub TV" at a Design House project in Los Angeles. Even though we designed and installed a completely invisible multi-speaker surround sound system in the adjacent bedroom (complete with s custom TV lift we designed), the bathtub TV got all of the notice, even being featured on the local Los Angeles TV stations. I was dumbfounded, but in hindsight, just dumb. A light bulb should've lit up in my noggin to take this concept and run with it. Oh well, that ship has sailed, as there is great pre-engineered solution for a TV that works great as a shower TV, a bathtub TV, or a Kitchen TV. Behold the SEURA Hydra Television seen in the 3 pictures in this post.
At first a shower TV seems like a needless luxury…but then the more you think about it, it starts to makes sense, doesn't it? We all lead busy lives and spare time is at a premium. Unless you are like my father who brags about taking 3-minute showers, you probably like to linger in the shower as the hot water relaxes you. Since we all seem to multitask like crazy these days, why not use the time to catch up with the news, the financial channel, or watch something funny to start the day off on the right foot?
As audio video integrators, no longer do we have to "MacGyver" a solution for a bathroom TV anymore, adapting conventional off-the-shelf TV's for bathroom use. The Hydra TV (19" diagonal screen) is a complete solution. Here are some of the reasons why it is the perfect television for your shower, bathtub, or Kitchen, and why interior designers and interior architects will love it:
- more than 800 color options available (use Pantone colors or paint chips from major paint manufacturers)
- standard colors are Stainless Steel, Black Onyx, or White Pearl
- rated IP-65 waterproof
- completely smooth tempered glass screen / face that is easy to clean
- powder-coated stainless steel housing
- screen acts as a defogger
- designed to be flush-mounted in standard 2 x 4 stud walls (see video below)
- waterproof remote control
- integrates with popular home control systems such as Crestron, Savant, Control4, and Savant
- compact front dimensions (19" wide x 13.25" high)
- designed AND built in the USA
Since the TV is designed to be flush-mounted, you'll need an external speaker solution, and this is where your audio/video integrator comes in to save the day with a bunch of different options for you.
Installation is very straightforward, as the video below will demonstrate. If you are in Southern California (locations is Los Angeles and Santa Barbara), please call us at (866) 692-8489 or email us if you'd like more information on the SEURA Hydra TV. Your shower, bath, or Kitchen will thank you for it.