It is harder to pick out the right Camcorder than ever before. In the last couple years, the options have exploded. Now there are all kinds of media capture formats to consider. In addition to the good old digital videotape format, we now have camcorders that record video to solid state flash drives, to tiny spinning hard drives, to optical media like DVD. Confusing. Even worse, they all work well.
With the emergence of HDTV, there is often a mismatch between the signal received and the aspect ratio and native resolution of a display. A display's aspect ratio is essentially the shape of the screen. Two common aspect ratios are 4:3 (universal for standard definition) and 16:9 (universal for high definition). Depending on the display, the 16:9 signal might have to be displayed on a television with a 4:3 aspect ratio, and vice versa. This can lead to image loss, particularly on the sides, and requires aspect ratio conversion for a complete picture.
The role of Web Services in the digital home is guaranteeing interoperability among devices, services and systems involved. Web Services generally provide communication and coordination infrastructure to digital home systems which may have minimal computational ability for interoperation. Interoperability in the digital home is achieved between components and services offered when they are capable of transparently collaborating on a particular service that they provide to the home user. Interoperability is the central cohesive source of support in digital home systems.
Green Plug believes the time has come for a reusable, multi-port power supply that can provide a universal power interface for all electronic products. The company is also taking a stand for setting a worldwide DC power standard. At CES 2008, they debuted a new electronics component chip - called the Green PlugTM Universal Power Protocol (UPP). The chip enables real-time collaboration between electronic devices and their power sources for the first time, using a secure, digital protocol.
HAI, leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, has released its 2008 Product Catalog. It is available in four formats; print, CD, electronic PDF file, and an interactive flash version.
Savant debuts first ever home automation and control platform based on MAC OS X Leopard™
ZVOX introduces world's first full -range, on -wall home theater system - with dual powered subwoofers
Slim, stylish model 425 delivers incredibly realistic surround sound - including bass down to 35Hz - without external subwoofer, external speakers or speaker wires
- Sporting a contemporary style and value pricing for discount retailers, the 2008 VW Series of LCD TVs offers a range of models from 19-inches to 46-inches - Priced under $2000, both the VW42LF and VW46LF models offer full 1080p resolution
Three Full 1080p HD models, offering up to four HDMI inputs and enhanced video performance features - VIZIO, the #1 selling brand of LCD HDTV's in North America according to DisplaySearch and iSuppi , broadens lineup for 2008
- New Envy series sports VIZIO's HD Game Port for fast side panel connection of external HDMI equipped devices like game consoles and HD camcorders
VIZIO Introduces New Generation Plasma TVs Including Full 1080p HD Models and Silicon Optix HQV Proc
- VIZIO continues heritage of high-value, low cost plasma HDTVs with eight new models, offering increased contrast ratio and longer life - An all-in-one solution with plasma flat panel display and complete 5.1-surround sound system
- VIZIO is the first TV manufacturer to offer a complete Home Theater solution that includes a flat panel HDTV and a complete 5.1 audio system
- VIZIO's "Black Tie" series delivers full 1080p HD resolution using MEMC technology with Anti-judder and 120Hz for outstanding video performance - Additional side panel HD Game Port for quick connection of game machines and camcorders via HDMI
Stewart Filmscreen Introduces StarLift, A Motorized Lift That Elevates the Futuristic StarGlas Scree
- The StarGlas Lift allows systems integrators to expand upon the possible applications they can offer homeowners with the revolutionary StarGlas rear projection screen
-Redesigned Generation 3 (G3) FireHawk, GrayHawk and StudioTek 130 materials offer superior performance with 1080p projectors and source materials
Records 19141 to 19155 of 28661
Automation & Control - Featured Product
The GP565 Smart Home RF chip for remote controls supports voice control, motion sensing and the new ZRC 2.0 protocol. The GP565 is optimized for advanced & low cost ZigBee RF4CE remote controls. • 120k or 248k Flash (8k or 16k RAM) memory • 40-pin footprint to support a keyboard scanner interface or other IO interfaces required for remote controls. • Reduced current consumption and improved receiver sensitivity and output power • Patented Antenna Diversity technology enables superior range and WiFi/Bluetooth interference rejection