New 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera Compatible with mydlink Connected Home Devices and IFTTT for a Fully Automated Home
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. - June 16, 2016 - D-Link today announced the addition of a new HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-8200LH), the latest in the mydlink Connected Home Series. The HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera offers a plethora of advanced features like the 180-degree ultra-wide angle lens, 720p HD video quality and a microSD card slot for local recording, making it a perfect solution for home security. Using the free mydlink Home app, the DCS-8200LH is able to work with, and react to, mydlink's Connected Home Devices. With IFTTT (If This Then That) support, users can integrate a number of other apps and devices for a truly automated home.
"The Internet of Things (IoT) Connected Home has really advanced in the last few years, and now with the HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera, homeowners can have a secure Connected Home," said Carina Tsai, product line manager, D-Link. "The DCS-8200LH with IFTTT support gives users the ability to integrate new and exciting recipes to control their home, allowing them to know what's happening when they're away and see what caused a motion detection or water sensor alert."
D-Link's Connected Home solutions simplify home automation and security, providing a wide range of options for controlling a smart home. Leveraging IFTTT, users can create conditional commands and link multiple IFTTT products and apps together for a completely customizable home automation experience. The HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera offers users the added benefit of home security that reacts with other devices. For example, users can create an IFTTT recipe to have the DCS-8200LH automatically begin recording whenever they leave the house, or take a snapshot when their doorbell rings. The ability to check-in live or playback footage from anywhere on a phone or tablet gives users peace of mind and eliminates any questions when the Wi-Fi Motion Sensor detects movement or the Wi-Fi Water Sensor senses a leak.
More About the HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-8200LH):
• 180 Degree Field of View - Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera
• Full HD 720p Quality Video - Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring
• IFTTT Support - Enhance the HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera with IFTTT recipes to create an expanded home safety solution
• mydlink Home Compatibility - Integrates with other mydlink Connected Home devices (smart plugs, sirens and sensors) to setup additional actions
• Unique De-Warping Technology - Maximizes video quality with less distortion
• 802.11ac Wireless - Latest Wi-Fi technology for better bandwidth and improved range
• Sound & Motion Detection - Push alerts notify users of detected motion or loud noises
• Local Recording - MicroSD/SDXC card slot for local recording based on event triggers
• Night Vision - See up to 16 feet in complete darkness with built-in IR LEDs
Availability and Pricing
The HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-8200LH) will be available in July for $139.99 at the
D-Link Shop and D-Link's vest network of e-tail partners. Detailed specifications are available online at http://us.dlink.com/.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link's Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).