Char-Broil Introduces First-Ever Wi-Fi Enabled Smokers, Adding Convenience and Ease to the Smoking Process
--Char-Broil app with SmartChef technology elevates the outdoor cooking experience, allowing consumers to monitor the smoking process from their smartphones anytime, anywhere--
COLUMBUS, GA - Nov. 13, 2015 - Char-Broil, one of the world's oldest and most respected outdoor cooking companies, made it easier than ever today for consumers to monitor and control the smoking process with the launch of the Simple Smoker ($299) and Digital Electric Smoker ($399) with the Char-Broil app and SmartChef technology. The first of their kind, these smokers sync to your smart device over Wi-Fi utilizing the Char-Broil app, which allows connected users more convenience and freedom than ever before. Users of all skill levels will have an outdoor cooking experience that is all about leveraging innovative technology to consistently create superior taste, perfect cooking techniques and enjoy an effortless smoking routine.
"Although smoked food is universally loved, the complexity and time commitment of the smoking process has always been a barrier," said Brendan Anderson, Vice President, Marketing and Product Management of Char-Broil. "The two new connected Char-Broil SmartChef smokers make it easier than ever to make perfectly cooked smoked meals without being time consuming. We want to inspire a new generation of smoker consumers who want to monitor their smoker, anytime and anywhere on their connected devices."
Adding to Char-Broil's portfolio of innovative products and features consumers can get real-time cooking info through the Char-Broil app and make adjustments as needed, including:
· Meat temperature
· Estimated cook time and done time
· Chamber temperature
When users are connected to their home network, they have the ability to control and adjust these settings at their fingertips. But - unlike other competing products - once users are out of their network range, they can continue to monitor the smoker from the Char-Broil app.
Signaled by an integrated meat probe, the app will send notifications at key cooking times, so users never need to worry about overcooking or continuously checking their meats. The app also provides a preprogrammed library of recipes for the amateur or adventurous cookers and is compatible with iOS and Android phones.
The Simple Smoker and Digital Electric Smoker can be used on patios, balconies, rooftop terraces and decks of all sizes. Their performance features include:
· Integrated meat temperature probe: The probe senses the internal meat temperature throughout the cooking cycle and sends the info to the Char-Broil app. When the target internal meat temp is reached, the app sends a notification indicating that the food is done cooking and automatically drops the smoker temp to a warming temp until you are ready to eat.
· Standard 120V power: The smokers operate off a standard 120V electrical outlet, making temperature control easy to maintain and giving cooks the freedom to move away from their smokers for long periods.
· The Digital Electric Smoker: The bigger of the SmartChefTM Smokers has a large four-cup capacity wood chip box that will smoke up to 6.5 hours at 225 degrees, which is about eight times longer than competing electric smokers.
· The Simple Smoker: Features an intuitive and easy-to-use design with the versatility to smoke at low temperatures or roast with high heat.
Both are perfectly suited for holiday meals and everyday use. The Digital Electric Smoker gives users long lasting smoke and more capacity allowing for large meal preparations, while the Simple Smoker offers convenience and versatility, allowing users to slowly smoke a brisket at a low temperature or safely fry a turkey to perfection without oil.
The Simple Smoker and Digital Electric Smoker are available for purchase on the Char-Broil website and Amazon.