RE580D and RE450 Wireless Dual-Band Range Extenders Expand and Improve Wi-Fi Range up to 10,000 Square Feet in the Home* Reaching Speeds of Up to 1,900Mbps
SAN DIMAS, Calif.--TP-LINK, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced its new AC1900 Wi-Fi range extender RE580D with streaming speeds of up to 1,900Mps. The company also introduced its AC1750 Wi-Fi range extender RE450 reaching Wi-Fi speeds up to 1,750Mbps.
TP-LINK range extenders enable consumers to expand and improve Wi-Fi signals throughout their home. The RE580D provides coverage up to 10,000 square feet away, more than twice the size of most large homes. Its dual-core 1GHz processor, 3 dual-band external antennas and 700mW high-powered amplifiers eliminates "dead zones" and provides maximum Wi-Fi performance, keeping smartphones and tablets connected as consumers move about their home.
Both range extenders feature 802.11ac technology, which makes simultaneous use of dual 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands to create the fastest wireless connections possible. Dual-band technology enables users to keep low-bandwidth tasks like sending email and Web browsing on a different channel than more intensive ones such as online gaming or 4K HD streaming video, ensuring faster, smoother overall network performance.
"TP-LINK is expanding its product portfolio and giving consumers more options that will eliminate boundaries and dead zones throughout the connected home," said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-LINK U.S. "Our new wireless range extenders dramatically improve Wi-Fi speed and reliability and broaden the reach of stable Internet, enabling consumers to enjoy an incredible Internet experience no matter where they are in their home."
These new range extenders are equipped with Intelligent Signal Indicator LEDs to indicate the strength of the signal received from the router, helping users easily find the ideal placement for the extenders to ensure optimal performance. They are backwards-compatible, allowing them to work with older wireless protocols such as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
RE580D AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
The RE580D is a desktop range extender that utilizes the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard to deliver blazing-fast Wi-Fi throughout the home. Its impressive speed means that consumers can count on the RE580D to provide reliable connections for simultaneous, bandwidth-intensive tasks such as HD/4K video streaming, lag-free gaming, and large file downloads. Consumers can also seamlessly connect their smart TVs, game consoles, and streaming players to the Internet using one of the five dedicated gigabit Ethernet ports.
Additionally, with three external, dual-band antennas and 700mW high-powered amplifiers, the RE580D can establish a stable wireless connection to any Wi-Fi router and augment the network's coverage by up to 10,000 square feet in the home.
* Simultaneous 600Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps on 5GHz totals 1.9Gbps maximum Wi-Fi speeds
* Three dual-band external antennas and 700mW high-powered amplifiers greatly extend your existing wireless coverage
* Beamforming technology delivers highly targeted and efficient wireless connections
* Five gigabit Ethernet ports provide gigabit speed for wired connections
* Dual core 1GHz processor ensures no interruption when simultaneously processing multiple wireless or wired tasks
* Works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point
RE450 AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
The RE450 is another great option for eradicating Wi-Fi dead zones. This dual-band Wi-Fi range extender plugs into any outlet, making it easy to install and move anywhere in the home. It comes with next generation 802.11AC Wi-Fi technology, making it three-times faster than standard 802.11n speeds. Plus, a gigabit Ethernet port lets consumers connect a wired device like a Blu-ray player, gaming console, DVR, or smart TV to their Wi-Fi network.
* Expands Wi-Fi network for ultimate performance
* Expanded 450Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps on 5GHz totals 1750Mbps maximum Wi-Fi speeds
* Three adjustable external antennas provide optimal Wi-Fi coverage and reliable connections
* Gigabit Ethernet port acts as a wireless adapter to connect a wired device to your network at gigabit speed
* Intelligent signal light helps to find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by showing the signal strength
* Easy installation, plugs into where there is an outlet
* Works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point
Price and Availability
The RE580D and RE450, part of TP-LINK's complete line of range extenders, are available now. The RE580D is available at the TP-LINK store and other major retailers in store and online. The RE450 is available exclusively at Office Depot and OfficeMax. Featuring a 2-year limited warranty and 24/7 tech support, MSRP for the RE580D range extender is $149.99 and MSRP for the RE450 range extender is $119.99.
TP-LINK is a global innovator and provider of consumer and SMB networking products and the world's No.1 provider of WLAN and broadband CPE devices**, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions of customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in wireless routers, cable/DSL gateways, powerline adapters, range extenders, cloud cameras, smart home and accessories for global end-users.
* Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage claims are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
** According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q4 2014 Final Release
For further information visit www.tp-link.com, follow TP-LINK on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TPLINKNA, Twitter at www.twitter.com/TPLINKNA, YouTube at www.youtube.com/tplinktech or the TP-LINK Forum at http://forum.tp-link.com.