Research firm finds 60% of U.S. broadband households have OTT subscription and 43% plan to buy a smart home product, driving growth of smart home, connected entertainment, and IoT industry
Dallas, Texas, October 8 — Parks Associates today announced the preliminary topic list for the 20th anniversary of CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, to be held May 24-26, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. Research from Parks Associates shows over 80% of U.S. households have broadband, and among broadband households, 78% own a smartphone, 66% have at least one Internet-connected CE device, and 18% have at least one smart home device, such as a connected thermostat, camera, or doorbell.
CONNECTIONS™ will focus on value propositions for consumer engagement in the connected home and will examine the challenges of privacy and security, OTT and the transformation of pay TV, and new channels opening for product and service acquisition.
"Over the past 20 years that Parks Associates has hosted CONNECTIONS™, we have seen the connected home evolve from a high-end concept toward a mass-market opportunity with incredible revenue potential," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Today we are witnessing several high-profile market disruptions. For example, nearly 60% of U.S. broadband households now subscribe to an OTT service, while almost 45% of U.S. broadband households plan to buy a smart home device in the next 12 months."
CONNECTIONS™ is the only connected home event to focus on the use cases and emerging business models that will successfully engage consumers and grow revenues in these converging ecosystems. The three-day executive conference, hosting over 650 executives from leading players in the connected CE, IoT, smart home, and entertainment industries, offers research, networking, and discussion on key issues, including alternative business models, new value propositions, technology advancements, and interoperability challenges.
"Companies within the consumer IoT industries need to develop affordable solutions that are secure and interoperable in order to continue growth in the connected home," Sikes said. "We will address these challenges with a unique focus on consumer engagement in the connected home as we celebrate the twentieth year of CONNECTIONS™."
Event Topics include:
Business Models and New Use Cases
• Smart Home Devices: Changing Business Models
• Business Models to Engage Consumers in Health, Energy, and Smart Home Offerings
• New Use Cases for the Smart Home, Meter, Kitchen, and Car
• Energy, IoT, and Smart Home Partnerships
• Evolution of the User Interface
• Smart Home Devices: Privacy and Security
• OTT and the Transformation of Pay TV
• Risky Business: Piracy and Protecting Content in an OTT World
• Consumerization of Healthcare: Trends and Technology
• IoT Channel Strategies: Navigating Growth
• Personalization: Audience Metrics and Big Data
Innovations Creating New Opportunities
• Reinvention of the CE Industry
• Entertainment in Tomorrow's Gigabit-speed Broadband Home
• Wearables and Smart Home Use Cases
• Connected Cars: Innovation and New Consumer Experiences
• Growth and Investing in the Smart Home
Technology Platforms and Services
• Set-top Boxes and Cloud-based Services - Evolving Content Access
• Role of Connected Device Platforms in the Content Ecosystem
• Connected Health and Smart Home Platforms
• Smartphone: Lifeline for the Connected Consumer
• Support Strategies to Integrate Smart Devices in the IoT
• Managing the Experience: Connected Everything
• Seamless Interoperability: IoT and Smart Home
Early event sponsors include Reception Sponsor CEL; Silver Sponsor ULE Alliance; Bronze Sponsors Affinegy, Support.com, and WeatherBug Home; Breakfast Sponsor Greenwave Systems; and Break Sponsor MivaTek.
Online registration will be available November 1. For more information about sponsoring or speaking at CONNECTIONS™, visit www.connectionsus.com. Follow the conference on Twitter at @CONNECTIONS_US, #CONNUS16, and on the CONNECTIONS™ Industry Insights Blog.
Parks Associates is also hosting CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home on 10-11 November in Amsterdam and CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT, Entertainment, and the Connected Consumer on January 6-7, 2016, at CES® 2016.
To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720.987.6614.
Parks Associates' 20th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 24-26 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ hosts over 650 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries and is focused specifically on business strategies to fully engage consumers in the connected home experience.
The event provides networking opportunities and insights from industry players in entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Parks Associates' analyst team highlights consumer and industry research throughout the event, including technology adoption and trends, product and service forecasts, evaluation of new business strategies, and recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services. Throughout the three-day event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
For more information, visit www.connectionsus.com.