Executive summit to focus on IoT, entertainment, the smart home, and the connected consumer in Europe
Dallas, Texas, September 9, 2015 - New smart home research from Parks Associates shows Western Europe will have over 6 million households with a professionally monitored security system by the end of 2015, increasing to nearly 8 million by 2019. The international research firm will address connected home market trends and the Internet of Things at the tenth-annual CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home, taking place 10-11 November in Amsterdam.
"By the end of 2015, Western Europe will have over 1.5 million households with a smart home controller, and Central and Eastern Europe will have nearly 575,000," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "The multiple devices comprising the smart home are starting to leverage their connectivity to expand functionality and create new value-added services. At CONNECTIONS™ Europe, we will examine trends for the European connected consumer and strategies to leverage this market intelligence in monetizing the IoT."
The event agenda focuses on the impact of connected devices and services, including entertainment, controls, digital media, security, and cloud services. It offers insight into new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, current and future technologies, and critical issues including privacy and interoperability and their effect on consumer engagement.
2015 Keynote Speakers:
• Christian Kurz, SVP Research, Insights and Reporting, Viacom International Media Networks
• Lionel Paillet, General Manager Europe, Nest Labs, Inc.
• Greg Roberts, VP, Marketing, Icontrol Networks
2015 Advisory Board:
• Seb Chakraborty, Director of Technology, Connected Homes, British Gas
• Holger Knoepke, Vice President, Deutsche Telekom
• Mario Moura, General Manager, Home Comfort & Energy Systems EMEA, Honeywell
• Mark Giesbers, VP Video Products, Liberty Global
• Patrice Slupowski, VP, Digital Innovation & Communities, Orange
• Jean-Claude Kiessling, Head of International Business Development, Smart Home Platform QIVICON, Digital Business Unit, QIVICON, Deutsche Telekom
• Oliver Lewis, Senior Vice President Sky Integration, Product Management, Sky Deutschland
• Ratul Sengupta, Vice President, Client Engagement, Global Head SmartLeap™ Practice, Sutherland Global
• Cian Paolo Balboni, Strategy & Innovation, Head, Future Centre, Telecom Italia
• Alfredo Serret, Global Director Digital Home Services, Telefónica
• David Sandford, Vice President, General Manager, International, TiVo
• Drivers of Growth: Accelerating Entertainment, Smart Home, & Health Services
• Evolution of the Video Experience
• Balancing Personalization Solutions with Privacy & Security
• IoT: Adding Value to the Smart Home Experience
• Smart Home: Partnerships, Monetization Strategies, & New Business Models
• Connected Entertainment: Expanding Revenues through Innovative Services
• Integrating OTT Content with Pay-TV Services
• Supporting the IoT & New Consumer Experiences
• Understanding Early Adopters: Next Stage of the Connected Home
• OTT & Pay-TV Integration: Cloud-based CE & Hybrid Devices
• Seamless Interoperability: Driving Mass-Market Adoption
• IoT and APIs: Expanding the Role of Connected Devices
• Wearables, Health Monitoring, & Connected Health Opportunities
• Integrating IoT into Smart Home & Entertainment Platforms
CONNECTIONS™ Europe sponsors include Icontrol Networks, AirTies, Alcatel-Lucent, Prodea, ROC-Connect, Tyco, ULE Alliance, UXP Systems, Z-Wave, ZigBee Alliance, MivaTek, and Zipato.
Media and organizations supporting the event are AE Ventures, Appliance Design Magazine, BayPay Forum, Best Web Design, Agencies, BestSEOs.com, Bluetooth SIG, BoogarLists, BPI Network, Cablefax, Cities Today, Conference Guru, Connected Home World.com, CTIA, Digital Trends, EMA, FierceCable, FierceTelecom, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceMobileIT, FierceWireless, HDTV Magazine, HGI, HomePlug, HomeToys.com, IoT Insights, IoT Perspectives, Innovation & Tech Today, MoCA, NexTV Latin America, NFC Forum, OSP, Payments & Cards Network, TechReleased, TelcoProfessionals, The Paypers, Thread Group, topSEOs.com, UMTS Forum, UPnP Forum, USNAP Alliance, Visibility Magazine, Women Who Code, and ZigBee Alliance.
Registration for CONNECTIONSTM Europe is now open. For more information, visit http://www.connectionseurope.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113. To schedule a meeting with an analyst, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com, 720.987.6614.
About CONNECTIONS™ Europe
CONNECTIONS™ Europe is the leading annual executive conference on the connected home and IoT ecosystems. The two-day event features consumer research and high-level analysis on connected devices and services, new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, and critical challenges in driving consumer adoption of entertainment, smart home, and IoT solutions.