JBL Boost TV is the first ultra-compact loudspeaker to deliver award-winning JBL Signature Sound to any TV
STAMFORD, Conn.--HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, announces JBL Boost TV, an ultra- compact TV sound system that instantly improves any TV audio for a more cinematic sound. Perfect for any size TV, the Boost TV is also the first speaker to let users automatically switch between TV audio to the audio from a phone or tablet.
Easily set up and operated right out of the box, the lightweight Boost TV delivers the same award-winning JBL Signature Sound quality audiophiles have enjoyed for years. At only 15" long (380mm), Boost TV delivers knockout sound quality with deep bass, virtual surround and Dolby Digital for HD movies. Because of its simple plug-and-play setup, shoppers can go from unboxing to relaxing and enjoying cinematic sound in minutes.
The Boost TV sound system is equipped with cutting-edge Bluetooth streaming and features JBL Connect technology. JBL Connect wirelessly links multiple JBL Connect-enabled speakers together to play the same Bluetooth audio, giving users the unique ability to link their TV speaker with other portable devices.
Super Bowl parties and casual TV watching at home will be forever transformed, as the Boost TV allows users to automatically switch audio between devices with JBL SoundShift™. Rather than straining to listen to the sound of a YouTube clip coming from a smartphone while a favorite television show plays or needing to turn the TV volume down, JBL SoundShift™ technology instantly swaps audio sources for the ultimate second screen experience.
"The Boost TV delivers impactful sound precisely designed to elevate the small screen experience for home viewers," said Michael Mauser, president, Lifestyle Audio Division at HARMAN. "We are pleased to offer consumers a TV sound system worth staying home for, with first-to-market capabilities that make switching audio from the flatscreen to the screen in your hand as easy as possible."
JBL Boost TV features:
* Optical digital audio with Dolby Digital connects one cable to your HDTV, allowing users to experience movie sound the way it is meant to be heard;
* JBL Soundshift allows you to automatically switch between your TV audio and your phone or tablet audio for the ultimate second screen viewing experience;
* Harman display surround allows users to experience virtual surround sound without the additional wires or speakers;
* Wireless Bluetooth streaming connects up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker to take turns playing music with JBL Signature Sound;
* JBL Connect builds your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience;
* TV remote control learning keeps your setup simple with one remote control: the one you already use for your TV;
* Dual bass port design allows users to experience home theater sound from an incredibly compact device.
The Boost TV includes a 2 X 50mm transducer, 60Hz - 20kHz frequency response, and a 30W rated power.
Pricing and Availability
JBL Boost TV (MSRP $199.95) will be available globally October 2015.
As the leader in revolutionary sound, JBL continues to push audio boundaries through innovation and personalized sound technology. The JBL brand offers unprecedented wireless speaker performance for authentic audio experience.
For more brand information, go to http://www.jbl.com.