Digital Signage Federation August 26 “Hangout” to Address The Impact of 4K Technology on Digital Signage
The August 26th 2pm EDT event will examine the pros and cons of 4K technology, under what circumstances to implement it and what to consider before doing so.
Warrenton, VA - The Digital Signage Federation (DSF), the only independent not-for-profit trade organization serving the digital signage industry invites DSF members and non-members alike, to attend its Wednesday, August 26th "Hangout" panel discussion at 2pm EDT, on the topic of "What 4K Means to Digital Signage."
Hangouts are 45-minute panel discussions using Google's Hangout platform with a moderator and a panel of three or four industry professionals. The August 26th 2pm EDT event will examine the pros and cons of 4K technology, under what circumstances to implement it and what to consider before doing so.
The panel comprised of Digital Signage professionals who are members of the DSF, will include:
* Jeff Weitzman, Director Business Development, Navori
* Aaron Rees, Innovator, EpicEye
* Ben Hardy, Product Manager, NEC Display Solutions
* Eran Sharon, Vice President Product Management, YCD Multimedia
In addition to discussing implementation and technology strategies, the panel will address:
* What 4K is and the way it differs from what is seen on most screens.
* The types of screens and screen sizes most applicable for 4K content.
* Whether 4K-formatted content now being created is actually in broad use.
* When planning digital content what to consider before committing to a 4K format.
* How to consider integrating the purchase of new 4K capable screens into an existing deployment.
* The cost difference in 4K content production & distribution v 1080p.
* Identifying what other hardware beyond screens should be optimized for 4K content.
More information on this event can be found on the DSF website. Both DSF members and non-members may join this or any of the DSF's scheduled Hangout conversations for free - but registration is required and can be accessed on the DSF website at http://www.digitalsignagefederation.org/event-1993282