Samsung Delivers The Smart Hotel Room and New In-Room Entertainment Experience to the Hospitality Industry
Enables hoteliers to bring top-notch energy automation and provide ultimate interactive services and streaming for guests at HITEC 2015
AUSTIN, Texas--Samsung Electronics America today shares its latest innovations empowering hoteliers to offer the ultimate hospitality experience for its guests. Samsung showcases a lineup of products for the hospitality market featuring the most advanced technology in digital displays, REACH 3.1, SINC 3.0 with HMS and the newest "Smart Hub" with mobile device interaction, at the Austin Convention Center, Booth #451, from June 15-18th.
"Samsung continues to raise the bar for the hospitality market with premium entertainment experiences and technology options that inspire hoteliers to deliver more engaging, memorable experiences for their guests," said Jonas Tanenbaum, vice president of hospitality at Samsung Electronics America. "Samsung's innovative solutions and products provide hotel customers a premium experience from the moment they approach the reception desk to the time they check out."
Vertical solutions are displayed at the booth using a mosaic wall, mobile devices, wireless networking, printers, and a model reception desk to illustrate the superior start to finish hotel experience. Visitors will be fully immersed into the "Smart Hotel Room" and in-room entertainment. Samsung solutions displayed at the booth can be accessed using any type of Wi-Fi enabled device powered by Samsung's WLAN Solution, which delivers fast and reliable Internet access for guests anytime and anywhere.
This year, Samsung will also display the new SINC 3.0 with HMS, an optimized TV content management solution that creates an enhanced guest experience. This allows guests to access information and services from the comfort of their hotel rooms over an IP-based infrastructure that enables in-room TVs to communicate with the hotel's property management system (PMS). Within the "hotel guest room" at the booth, SINC 3.0 with HMS delivers an IoT experience, giving users the ability to control and customize HVAC, lighting, drapery and DND/MUR from the Samsung Smart Hospitality TV. Samsung is excited to partner with the intelligent energy management company Telkonet to offer this multi-tiered solution. Telkonet works directly with the hotel customer throughout the entire process, from the first step to the last step, ensuring seamless hotel integration.
Additional featured products and solutions displayed at the booth include:
* Hospitality "Smart Hub" with Mobile Device Interaction displayed on the 65" 890W Series Curved Premium 4K UHD Direct-Lit LED Hospitality TV demonstrates the ability to quickly and easily stream UHD content from any movie or music streaming service from a local source as well as from the Internet. The TV's out of the box "Home Screen" makes it easy to use, while the IP over Coax eliminates the cost of an external cable modem. The BlueTooth Audio also demonstrates enhanced audio capabilities.
* REACH 3.1 (Remote Enhanced Active Control for Hotels) hardware and software solution allowing property managers to centrally control multiple Samsung hospitality TVs and display customized content through the newest displays in the ND677 line. The REACH Server and the remote controller make it easy to update and adjust digital TVs over radio frequency signals to streamline time-consuming manual updates.
* MagicInfo content creation and management solution demonstrates the power of using digital signage to share customized hotel news and information on the "hotel lobby" mosaic wall. MagicInfo equips end-users with a suite of creative tools to facilitate content creation and display management, and its user interface makes it easy to customize signage to the hotel's design while personalizing different messages with corresponding times and themes to enhance the hotel experience.
* The H-Browser solution provides guests with a premium interactive experience and features both free and video on demand (VOD) content. H-Browser's integrated partners, including Guest-Tek, Sonifi, Quadriga, UIEvolution, and Allin Interactive, have real-time solution presentations at their individual booth locations.
* Samsung's WLAN Solution for Hospitality, built off its own LTE technology, delivers superior 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity for hospitality-specific applications. Samsung WLAN's innovative AirEqualizer and AirMove integrated technologies optimize wireless networks to support a greater number of connected devices with no loss of service and higher throughput, creating a truly connected guest experience with digital self-check-in, capabilities for an in-room atmosphere controller, seamless infotainment, a quick check out process and more. www.samsung.com/hotel-wifi.
Director of Technology and Business Development at Samsung Electronics Fred Crespo will participate in the HITEC Tech Talks on Wednesday, June 17 from 2:00 - 2:15 PM discussing in-room entertainment.
For more information about Samsung's Hospitality TV solutions, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/business/hospitality or call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ.
About Samsung Business
As a global leader in enterprise mobility and information technology, Samsung Business provides a diverse portfolio of enterprise technologies from smartphones to wearables, tablets, digital displays, hospitality TVs, printers and medical diagnostic equipment. We are committed to putting the business customer at the core of everything we do by delivering comprehensive products, solutions and services across diverse industries including retail, healthcare, hospitality, education and government. Samsung Business is committed to helping customers realize the promise of a digital business. For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung Business via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, mobile products and wearables, wireless infrastructure, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and one of America's fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.