Camera-based software automatically aligns content from multiple Christie Twist-enabled 3DLP projectors in under two minutes per projector
INFOCOMM/ORLANDO, Fla. - (June 15, 2015) - Christie is launching its new Christie AutoStack and AutoStack Premium camera-based software at InfoComm 2015 in Orlando, Florida, June 17 - 19. The Christie AutoStack systems auto-calibrate, warp and blend Christie Twist enabled 3DLP projectors with unsurpassed accuracy, in under two minutes per projector - far quicker than traditional methods, which can take hours. Unlike similar systems, Christie AutoStack and AutoStack Premium are integrated custom designed solutions that include software, camera and lens.
Christie AutoStack supports up to a 2-by-3 blended array of projectors that can be stacked for a total of 12 projectors. AutoStack Premium works on even larger screens, as long as the selected camera and lens combination ‘sees' the entire projected area. They both support a variety of cameras and lens options, which are pre-calibrated as a pair to ensure maximum results.
With its unsurpassed accuracy and speed, Christie AutoStack is the perfect solution for flat screens, while Christie AutoStack Premium can be used with a wide variety of flat, curved/cylindrical and portrait display screens. Both AutoStack and AutoStack Premium are ideal for large classrooms, boardrooms, houses of worship, museums, government and entertainment where multiple projectors may need blending and warping.
Christie AutoStack and Christie AutoStack Premium work in conjunction with Christie Twist, and support all M Series, J Series, Boxer, D4K and Roadie 4K 3DLP projectors.
"The need to warp and blend multiple projectors continues to grow, and we have made it easier by offering support for four camera and lens options for the AutoStack product family," said Joel St-Denis, product manager, Christie. "AutoStack Premium really opens up a lot of new opportunities for auto alignment by offering portrait and curved display support, as well as removing the 12 projector limitation of AutoStack. There is no better value in a single camera- based system on the market."
Christie AutoStack at a glance:
- Camera-based system auto-calibrates warps and blends images on flat surfaces in less than two minutes per projector, compared to hours with traditional methods.
- Up to a 2-high by 3-wide blended configuration can be stacked for a total of 12 projectors.
- Intuitive user interface with step-by-step process and real time camera feedback.
- Overcomes off-angle/keystone issues for a perfectly framed image every time.
- Constant brightness overlaps between projectors in array.
- Delivers seamless displays in large-scale multi-projector setups.
Christie AutoStack Premium delivers all the benefits of AutoStack and:
- Expands the capabilities of AutoStack by auto-calibrating and blending images on flat, curved/cylindrical (with a curvature of up to plus/minus 70 degrees) and portrait orientation surfaces in less than two minutes per projector.
- When a single camera sees all projectors being used in its field of view, it allows more than 12 projectors to be used in an array.
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. is a global visual and audio technologies company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP:6925). Consistently setting the standards by being the first to market some of the world's most advanced projectors and complete system displays, Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world. From retail displays to Hollywood, mission critical command centers to classrooms and training simulators, Christie display solutions and projectors capture the attention of audiences around the world with dynamic and stunning images. www.christiedigital.com.