Sutherland Global, Orange, British Gas, TiVo join CONNECTIONS™ Europe Advisory Board
Dallas, Texas, June 2, 2015 - Research firm Parks Associates, following the success of the 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, today announced the agenda and advisory board for the tenth-annual CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home, being held November 10-11, 2015, in Amsterdam.
The conference, with early sponsorship support from Icontrol Networks, Prodea, ROC-Connect, Tyco, and Z-Wave, will focus on interoperability efforts, security and privacy concerns, and strategies to improve ease of use and functionality, all of which are top consumer concerns, according to Parks Associates research. Over 50% of broadband households in Germany and more than two-thirds of broadband households in Spain and the U.K. have a connected CE device connected to the Internet.
"Approximately 1.6 billion people worldwide, over 20% of the population, actively watch online video on a variety of connected devices," said Brett Sappington, Director, Research, Parks Associates. "As the number of viewers and the quantity of content watched continue to increase, companies in the video space are challenged to keep up with the pace of change, both in terms of consumers and technical innovation. New competitors and alternatives are emerging daily, and companies throughout the ecosystem must continue to evolve and adapt."
"One-fourth of German, Spanish, and U.K. broadband households find smart home devices very appealing," said Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls & Energy, Parks Associates. "There is a strong early market for these solutions, but our research clearly shows consumers become more aware of interoperability needs as they adopt more smart home offerings. At CONNECTIONS™ Europe, we will discuss strategies to encourage continued growth in consumer demand."
CONNECTIONS™ Europe includes industry and analyst insights into entertainment, content delivery, and access services; connected CE devices and platforms; and smart home; security, controls, energy, and smart devices. Sessions include:
• OTT and Pay TV - Defining Future Video Services
• Evolution of Content Access: Cloud-based CE and Video Services
• Unlocking the Value of Personalization: Big Data vs. Privacy
• Young Consumers and New Disruptions to the Video Industry
• The Future of the Connected Home
• Wearables and Connected Health Opportunities
• The Next Market Opportunities on the TV Landscape: 4K & OTT
• Next-Gen Consumer Support: Connected Devices and IoT
• Integrating OTT into Service Provider Platforms
• Standards and Interoperability: Creating Competition through Cooperation
• Integrating IoT into Smart Home Platforms
• Defining the Connected Home: Entertainment & Smart Home & Health
• Innovative Partnerships: Opening New Opportunities in the Connected Home
The 2015 Advisory Board includes:
• British Gas- Seb Chakraborty, Director of Technology, Connected Homes
• Deutsche Telekom- Holger Knoepke, Vice President
• Honeywell- Mario Moura, General Manager, Home Comfort & Energy Systems EMEA
• Liberty Global- Mark Giesbers, VP Video Products
• Orange- Patrice Slupowski, VP, Digital Innovation & Communities
• QIVICON, Deutsche Telecom- Jean-Claude Kiessling, Head of International Business Development, Smart Home Platform QIVICON, Digital Business Unit
• Sky Deutschland- Oliver Lewis, SVP, Product Management
• Sutherland Global- Ratul Sengupta, Vice President, Client Engagement, Global Head SmartLeap™ Practice
• Telecom Italia- Cian Paolo Balboni, Strategy & Innovation, Head, Future Centre
• Telefonica- Alfredo Serret, Global Director Digital Home Services
• TiVo- David Sandford, Vice President, General Manager, International
For information on CONNECTIONS™ Europe, visit http://www.connectionseurope.com or contact email@example.com, 972-490-1113. To schedule a meeting with an analyst, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720.987.6614.
About CONNECTIONS™ Europe
CONNECTIONS™ Europe, produced by Parks Associates, is an executive conference focused on the connected home ecosystem and the Internet of Things as it relates to the connected consumer. The two-day executive summit, with research and data from Parks Associates industry analysts, examines the impact of connected devices and services, including entertainment, controls, digital media, security, and cloud services, and offers insight into new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, current and future technologies, and critical issues, including privacy and interoperability, and their effect on consumer engagement.
CONNECTIONS™ Europe will take place 10-11 November 2015, in Amsterdam at the Mövenpick Hotel. http://www.connectionseurope.com