Icontrol Makes Home Automation Easy and Cost-Effective for Independent Dealers with Introduction of Icontrol One
New offering features panel compatibility, smart device ecosystem, easy installation, reliability and tools dealers need to grow their bottom line
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 24, 2015 -- Icontrol Networks, the company behind the most widely distributed interactive security and home automation platform in the industry, today announced the availability of Icontrol One, a solution tailored for the needs of independent security dealers. Icontrol One combines the leading home automation platform and cutting edge feature set found in large service provider offerings with a business model designed to optimize the success of independent dealers. With Icontrol One, dealers can offer a branded, easy-to-use home automation, video and security experience that delivers the features homeowners want: immersive HD video, award-winning user experience and compatibility with an extensive open ecosystem of smart devices.
Icontrol One was designed to help independent dealers meet the growing demand for professionally-installed home automation and security systems. According to Parks Associates, 65 percent of security systems installed in the last year included interactive services; a separate Parks Associates study found that selling remote monitoring and smart home services with a security system brings higher upfront revenues, and an average of $14 more recurring monthly revenue (RMR) per household.
"The upcoming sunset of 2G wireless technology coupled with consumer trends moving away from landline phones and towards automation presents an opportunity. Now, dealers can easily upgrade their customers to 3G and home automation at the same time," said Bob Hagerty, chief executive officer of Icontrol Networks. "Research from groups like ABI has shown that dealers need to take advantage of interactive technology to keep and gain market share through the end of the decade."
"The sunset of 2G is a huge cost burden on the security industry," said Tom Kerber, director, research, home controls & energy of Parks Associates. "Icontrol One allows dealers to use this transition to generate revenue."
Key features of Icontrol One include:
* Immersive HD video, mobile optimization and award-winning features like Home View 3D, which provides an intuitive and interactive 3D view of the home.
* Compatibility with the majority of panels on the market today, and a cost effective upgrade module that contains 3G, Z-Wave and Wi-Fi, all for less than the cost of many traditional standalone radios.
* Extensive tools and resources designed to enable dealer success: face-to-face and video training; a dedicated call center directly supporting field installs; marketing and business development tools; end-user guides and platform customization guides; fast installation and provisioning via tablet or phone; partnerships with top distributors and Central Monitoring Stations; and a platform hosting service.
* An open, standards-based platform designed to integrate with today's industry-leading smart devices as well as the emerging smart devices of the future.
* Enterprise-class reliability and performance. Icontrol One leverages the technology platform that has been proven in some of the largest home automation deployments in the world.
* Highly flexible configuration options that allow homeowners to select the right solution for their needs and budget.
"Almost a decade ago, Icontrol delivered one of the first platforms with Z-Wave and home automation technology for the security industry, and now has more interactive deployments than any other solution," added Hagerty. "With Icontrol One we've taken this same leading platform and optimized it to be fast and easy for dealers to install and manage."
Interested dealers can join a Security Systems News webcast on Thursday, March 26 at 2 p.m. ET, where the new offering will be discussed in detail - register here.
For more information about Icontrol One, visit http://www.icontrolone.com or connect on social media via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. ISC West attendees can find Icontrol One at booth #35087.
About Icontrol Networks
Icontrol Networks' vision is to provide a connected home solution for every household, so people worldwide spend less time managing their lives and more time living them. Icontrol is making the connected home a reality through its software platforms, which are deployed by home security companies and service providers, and the all-in-one Piper home security, video monitoring and automation device for consumers. Icontrol is further pioneering the next generation of connected living through its OpenHome Developer Program, the first community for application and device makers to partner on a common platform. Venture investors in Icontrol include Charles River Ventures, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers iFund, and Intel Capital, with strategic investments from a variety of service providers including ADT, Comcast Ventures, Comporium and Rogers Communications. For more information about Icontrol Networks and Piper visit icontrol.com and getpiper.com.