2015 Pioneer Elite Home Theater Receivers Incorporated with Install-Friendly Features Plus Newest Techs Including Dolby Atmos
Built in Wi-fi & Bluetooth at $450 and Dolby Atmos at $700
LONG BEACH, Calif.--Pioneer Home Entertainment USA continues to ensure custom installers are well prepared to install the best performing home theater gear available by offering two new Pioneer Elite home theater receivers that will meet their needs. The Elite VSX-45 5.2-channel and VSX-90 7.2-channel receivers provide installation-friendly attributes as well as optimal listening and viewing performance features including built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos (5.1.2) on the VSX-90, HDMI 2.0 specification for the highest video signal transfer available, HDCP 2.2 compliant, ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC, RS-232 and full IP Control, expanded multi-zone and multi-source management and functionality, multi-channel high resolution playback, 4K 60P Ultra HD compatibility, built-in AVNavigator, MCACC Pro, and Pioneer's proprietary iControlAV5 App.
"The Elite products are designed to make the installation and set-up process convenient for the custom installation market," said Roberta Tapp, director of marketing communications, Pioneer Home Entertainment USA. "Integrated features such RS-232 control over IP and multi-zone capabilities 'make or break it' for installers because it saves them labor and time. And, for consumers, HDCP 2.2 and Dolby Atmos prepare them for the next wave of home theater experiences."
* Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Built-in - Incorporating built-in Wi-Fi on the VSX-45 and VSX-90 enables wireless music streaming from a home network or connected device including Apple's AirPlay, Pandora, vTuner and Spotify. Conveniently, both models let users easily stream music via Bluetooth from devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops.
* HDCP 2.2 - HDCP 2.2 is the next advancement in copy protection, ensuring a secure connection between a source and display. Each Pioneer model in the line-up is HDCP 2.2 compliant offering compatibility with current and future 4K content, ensuring that Pioneer's 2015 products will work with whatever upgraded system the consumers purchase.
* Dolby Atmos - Launched late in 2014, the amazing effects of Dolby Atmos in 5.1.2 can be experienced in the VSX-90. Sounds come alive and surround the listener from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The VSX-90 will be able to decode and play back Dolby Atmos content for consumers to enjoy in their compatible home theaters. Combined with Pioneer's new line of Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers, users will have access to the ultimate immersive home theater experience without having to install overhead speakers.
* HDMI 2.0 - The Elite receivers feature HDMI 2.0 specification for significant increase in signal bandwidth of up to 18Gbps. The increased bandwidth provides support for new features such as 4K60p 4:4:4 24-bit color support. 4:4:4 color support offers viewers the highest quality color reproduction available in content today, with no color loss when images are displayed on compatible 4K televisions screens. The ability to pass through a very high bandwidth signal without downgrading the image means that Pioneer Elite receivers will serve as the perfect entertainment hub.
* Music Enthusiast - Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today's most popular Internet radio music services including Spotify, PANDORA and vTuner. In addition, Pioneer incorporates the seamless connectivity standards of HTC Connect that enables wireless high quality music files to be shared between compatible HTC One smartphones and Pioneer receivers.
* SABRE Premier Audio DAC - The VSX-90 incorporates the premier ES9006S DAC (192kHz/24-bit) to bring true professional digital audio into the home for unparalleled audio performance. The new DAC produces outstanding sound quality with a warm, more natural audio reproduction, as well as a linear response resulting in audio with substantially less jitter.
* MCACC Pro - The VSX-90 includes MCACC Pro fully supporting the surround format of Dolby Atmos (5.1.2) with an acoustic calibration system that precisely compensates for differences in speaker size, distance, and level as well as the room's layout including ceiling height, and changes equalizer settings for an excellent audio response. MCACC Pro works with both Pioneer's Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers and in-ceiling speakers. MCACC Pro also features dual subwoofer output as well as 4-band subwoofer EQ for increased sound quality in the low frequency range.
* Advanced MCACC with Subwoofer EQ - Pioneer developed its MCACC technology more than 10 years ago with the help of professional recording studios. Advanced MCACC built into the new models helps create the optimum acoustic environment for movies and music. The receivers use a setup microphone (included) and a subwoofer EQ to compensate for differences in speaker sizes, output levels, and distances from the user's listening positions automatically.
* 4K Ultra HD 60P Video Up-Scaling - Both the VSX-45 and VSX-90 support the next generation 4K Ultra HD resolution standard to help provide the highest quality video image available, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals of up to 60 frames per second to any HDMI 2.0-equipped 4K display. It can also upscale 1080p/60 signals before delivery to make them suitable on compatible 4K Ultra HD displays.
* Multi-Channel High Resolution Music Playback - Continuing its commitment to high-resolution music playback beyond two channels, Pioneer offers support for 192kHz 24-Bit 5.0- and 5.1-channel WAV files (USB only) and for 96kHz 24-Bit 5.0- and 5.1-channel FLAC files (up to 48kHz via wireless network). The receivers also support 2-channel high-resolution music files including AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSD (2.8 MHz), DSD (5.6MHz)(VSX-90 only), Apple Lossless, as well as MP3, WMA and AAC, offering broad support for the most common high-resolution music. Gapless playback for many of these file formats is supported as well. In addition, Pioneer's MCACC room calibration works with high-resolution music playback.
Installation and Simplified Operability
* Custom Installation - For advanced home theater control, the VSX-45 and VSX-90 are compatible with the most popular custom control companies, Crestron and Control4, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232C-over-IP control, with the ability to receive metadata from network and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
* Multi-Zone Network Capabilities -The VSX-90 is built for maximum installation flexibility, offering a variety of multi-zone set-up configurations, providing simultaneous entertainment for up to three zones. The VSX-90 offers powered multi-zone with a digital audio signal to another room utilizing a network source such as Spotify, vTuner or Pandora, in addition to supplying a third zone (HDZone) with a HDMI video signal.
With the VSX-90, all seven speaker outputs can be reconfigured six different ways, including a true 7.2-channel speaker setup or a full 5.2-channel with the extra outputs used to power a completely different zone altogether, all controllable from the receiver and/or a user's portable device via the iControlAV5 App.
* Start-up Navi - Pioneer created a dedicated app that helps easily set up the AV receivers using an iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Android device while connected to a home network. The process with the wizard makes network set-up with the receivers smooth and effortless. In conjunction with the Wiring Navi, the Start-up Navi app lets the user do all the initial settings of the receiver.
* iControlAV5 Application - Pioneer developed iControlAV5, an app enabling wireless control over the features and functionalities of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 line of the receivers from the convenience of various portable digital devices. The app incorporates multiple controls from basic volume adjustments and input selection to advanced features such as equalizer adjustments and management of audio settings and modes. The app is available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is also available in Google Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices.
* AVNavigator Built-In - The VSX-45 and VSX-90 features AVNavigator built-in eliminating the need to upload the software to a computer or laptop. Simply connect the receiver to a home network and launch the web browser. AVNavigator features Pioneer's Wiring Navi application, providing an interactive guide walking the user through the entire receiver setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization, connecting sources, MCACC calibration, renaming inputs, and more. AVNavigator also includes an Interactive Operation Guide (VSX-90 only) application providing a linked two-way operation guide that gives users a way to learn about the receiver's features (i.e. a push of the standard surround button on the front of the receiver takes the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the standard surround feature).
The new Pioneer Elite receivers will be available in April with suggested retail prices of $450 (VSX-45) and $700 (VSX-90).
Pioneer Home Entertainment USA is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio and video equipment for the home.