AARP, Humana, Johnson & Johnson, Omron Healthcare, UnitedHealth Group, and Walgreens join 2015 Advisory Board
Dallas, Texas, March 19, 2015 -Parks Associates today announced the Advisory Board and agenda topics for the second-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, taking place September 9-10 in San Diego, CA. The executive conference will focus on innovations in connected health technologies, the impact of new players such as Apple, Google, and Samsung, and new business models to drive consumer behavior, usage, and satisfaction. The firm estimates 20% of U.S. smartphone owners currently use at least one health-based app on a monthly basis.
"In 2014, U.S. consumers bought almost 10 million connected fitness trackers and smart watches that support health and wellness tracking functions," said Harry Wang, Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. "Health devices and apps are establishing their roles in the connected home and Internet of Things. This year's Connected Health Summit will again put consumers and technology at the heart of the event, with the broader vision for successful technology and business strategies to maximize investment returns and increase consumer satisfaction and adoption."
Connected Health Summit brings together key healthcare stakeholders from insurers, health systems, and physician groups with technology companies, consumer brands, broadband service providers, retailers, and entrepreneurs to offer a unique informational and networking experience. Members of the Advisory Board help to shape the agenda and focus of the event. 2015 participants include:
• AARP - Keith Epstein, Senior Strategic Advisor
• Humana - Kristine Mullen, Vice President, Wellness Strategies & Solutions
• Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions - John Vander Meulen, General Manager
• Omron Healthcare, Inc. - Randy Kellogg, Chief Operating Officer
• UnitedHealth Group - Ron Ozminkowski, Chief Scientific Officer, Optum Consumer Solutions Group
• Walgreens - Adam Pellegrini, Vice President, Digital Health
"Technology-based health management is not a 'trend,' it's a critical tool in the drive to improve population health," said John Vander Meulen, General Manager, Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions. "The Connected Health Summit is an excellent opportunity to explore the challenges and opportunities that cutting-edge consumer health technologies can play in engaging patients and building new care service models."
"Making the consumer experience something that is pleasant, easy to engage, and targeted to the individual is vital," said Kristine Mullen, Vice President, Wellness Strategies & Solutions, Humana. "But it is also paramount that as partners in health, the connections we make between consumer-based devices, the data they collect, and the partnerships that we foster help lead consumers to their next best decision in terms of better health and well-being. Events like the 2015 Connected Health Summit help us to collectively do just that."
The event agenda focuses on consumer health technologies which require active consumer participation to be successful. Event topic includes:
• Integrating Wearables for Consumer Care
• Implementing Technology for Accountable Care
• Building Platforms to Embrace Connected Health Opportunities
• Engaging Consumers at Every Touch Point
• Personalizing Consumer Experience: Challenges and Best Practices
• Bringing in Outside Experts: Guiding Consumers for Behavioral Changes
Partnerships and Business Strategies
• Making Sense of Partnerships in the Connected Health Market
• Assimilating Health Analytics into Business Strategies
Disruptive Business Models
• Connecting the Dots: Roles of Service Providers in the Connected Health Market
• Disrupting and Rebuilding: New Care Service Models for Consumers
• Venture Capital and Investment Trends in Consumer Health
Parks Associates is accepting speaking submissions for this event at http://www.parksassociates.com/chs-agenda. For information on participating, visit http://www.connectedhealthsummit.com or contact email@example.com, 972-490-1113.
About Connected Health Summit
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health technologies in particular, which all require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
The Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers will take place September 9-10 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt. Subscribe to Parks Associates' digital health newsletter at http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe.