Verizon, Nest, Samsung, and Comcast to address the intersection of Connected Entertainment, Smart Home, and IoT Markets at CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference
Dallas, Texas, March 17, 2015 - Parks Associates estimates U.S. broadband households watch an average of 3.4 hours of Internet video per week and have an average of 7.5 devices connected to the Internet, including a mixture of tablets, smartphones, PCs/routers, and connected CE. At the same time, 69% of U.S. broadband households are willing to pay $2.99 per month for a bundle of smart energy services. Parks Associates will host CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 19-21, in San Francisco, to explore new and innovative strategies to monetize content, monitoring, and entertainment services in the connected home while creating a personalized and seamless experience for the consumer.
"Consumers recognize the expansive possibilities inherent in the connected home, where they can leverage the same connectivity to stream a movie, control their thermostat, and secure the home," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Strategic partnerships are quickly becoming a competitive advantage for industries offering products and services to the connected consumer. CONNECTIONS™ explores the full range of possibilities for companies active in the connected home, including new ways to monetize technologies and add value to offerings through unique partnerships, targeted marketing messages, and emerging sectors, such as wearables and the connected car."
The 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™ will be held May 19-21 in San Francisco and will address challenges as the smart home and connected entertainment industries continue to converge. Keynote speakers include the following:
• Eric Anderson, VP, Content and Product Solutions; GM, Smart Home, Samsung
• Farooq Muzaffar, VP, Corporate Strategy & Development, Verizon
• Daniel Herscovici, SVP & GM, Xfinity Home, Comcast Cable
• Mike Soucie, Head, Consumer Product Partnerships, Nest
Current list of speakers:
• Tim Alessi, Director - New Product Development, LG Electronics
• Mio Babic, President & CEO, iStreamPlanet
• Avi Barel, Director Business Development, ULE Alliance
• Ray Bariso, Vice President, Strategy for OSS/BSS, Ericsson
• Greg Berkin, Managing Director, Concours Ventures
• Kris Bowring, Director of Business Development, Iris Smart Home Business Unit, New Business, Lowe's
• Chris Carey, Chief Product Officer, Verizon Digital Media Services
• Joe Dada, CEO, INSTEON
• Manny Fernandez, CEO/Co-founder, DreamFunded.com
• David Friedman, CEO & Co-Founder, Ayla Networks
• Larry Goldman, Director, North American Sales & Business Development, Kwikset
• Ed Lee, VP of Content Acquisition, Roku
• Andrew Poliak, Global Director, Business Development, QNX Software Systems
• Sridhar Santhanam, Founder & CEO, HFN / Nanoheal
• Brian Seemann, President, Resolution Products
• Jeff Unterreiner, Senior Vice President, Connected Living, Assurant Solutions
• Chris Williams, Senior Director Product Strategy, Time Warner Cable
• Brett Worthington, VP - General Manager, Wink
• Yoel Zanger, CEO and Founder, Giraffic Technologies
"We look forward to addressing the reality of the connected home space at CONNECTIONS™," Sikes said. "Consumer interest in new smart home solutions is increasing alongside demand for OTT video services and connected devices, especially as they can use their mobile devices to connect and control all their entertainment and smart home services. At CONNECTIONS™, we will explore personalized options to access content, new ways to control different systems in the home, and services that require innovative partnerships between industry players to create the best consumer experience in the connected home."
Research from Parks Associates reveals the current adoption and use for connected products and services:
• U.S. broadband households spend more than $6 per month on average on subscription OTT video services.
• 66% of U.S. broadband households have at least one Internet-connected CE device, including a smart TV, Blu-ray player, game console, PVR, and/or streaming media device.
• 38% of U.S. broadband households have a smart TV; 77% of households with a smart TV have the device connected to the Internet.
Registration is open, and media are invited to secure press passes. For more information about CONNECTIONS™, visit www.connectionsus.com. Follow the conference on Twitter at @CONNECTIONS_US, #CONNUS15, and on the CONNECTIONS™ Industry Insights Blog. To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720.987.6614.
The 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 19-21 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ hosts over 400 executives in the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries in an intimate networking environment.
The event provides networking opportunities and insights from industry players on entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Parks Associates research analysts moderate each session, which feature consumer research on adoption and trends, forecasts of new products and services, evaluation of new business strategies, and concrete recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services. Throughout the three-day event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
For more information, contact email@example.com, call 972-490-1113, or visit www.connectionsconference.com.