Do you own Ultra HD equipment (4k2k), such as a Blu-ray player or Media Center PC, and you want to play a film/presentation simultaneously on your new Ultra HDTV (4K2K) and on an existing TV (Full HD 1080p) in another room (eg. meeting room, bedroom)?
Then Marmitek has the solution for you; the Marmitek Split 812.
You can also connect AV devices to the Marmitek Split 812 that are not suitable for Ultra HD, because the Marmitek Split 812 features a unique Auto Scaling feature. This built-in Auto Scaling feature enables the Marmitek Split 812 to automatically detect the highest possible resolution available on your display (TV)/projector and simultaneously transmit two different video resolutions.
What does this mean for you?
You may have an Ultra HD source (4k2k) and you want to play a film/presentation simultaneously on two different screens. One screen has a 4k2k resolution, while the other has a 1080p resolution.
A standard HDMI splitter would normally detect the highest common resolution of both screens. In this case, it would mean that both screens would display a maximum resolution of only 1080p, even though one of the screens actually offers 4k2k quality. Thus, the capabilities of the 4k2k screen are not fully utilised.
If using the Marmitek Split 812 in this situation, the Ultra HD signal (4k2k) would be converted to 1080p for the 1080p display, while the 4k2k signal would be transmitted to the Ultra HD screen. This results in both screens displaying an image in the resolution that matches the screen. This is guaranteed to deliver the highest possible image quality for both screens!
However, you could also have a 1080p HDMI source that you want to play on a 4k2k screen and on a 1080p screen. In that case, the Marmitek Split 812 will convert the signal to a higher resolution (for the 4k2k screen).
The Marmitek Split 812 is suitable for 4k2k Ultra HD, 1080p Full HD and all 3D formats, and it supports High Definition 7.1CH LPCM, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio. This enables you to always have the best picture and sound quality!
• Unique Auto Scaling feature: Enables continued use of non-Ultra HD compatible equipment(1). This avoids having to revert to a lower resolution.
• Splits and scales your HDMI signal to a second (Ultra) HDTV or projector.
• Allows video and audio from an HDMI device (Digital TV decoder, Blu-ray player or HDD recorder) to be simultaneously displayed on two screens.
• (Auto Scaling) Automatically detects the highest possible resolution of a display (TV)/projector and can simultaneously transmit two different video output resolutions (1080p and 4k2k).
• Suitable for 4k2k Ultra HD, 1080p Full HD and all 3D formats.
• Supports High Definition 7.1CH LPCM, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
(1) Devices supporting a maximum resolution of 1080p Full HD (v1.3), such as an HDTV, Projector, AV Receiver.
The Marmitek Split 812 is now available for € 99.95.
For more information and points of sale, please visit www.marmitek.com.