FIBARO 4.0 Software Offers Better Support and Integration for More Devices.The new FIBARO 4.0 software introduces support for plug-ins without modifying Home Center firmware.
SEE FIBARO AND ITS AWARD-WINNING MOTION SENSOR AT CES IN THE Z-WAVE PAVILION, BOOTH 21000, SOUTH HALL, LVCC
FIBARO 4.0 Software Offers Better Support and Integration for More Devices
(LAS VEGAS, January 5, 2015) -- Fibar Group, a leading European manufacturer of wireless, intelligent home automation systems, announces the availability of its new FIBARO 4.0 Home Center software, now offering improved support and integration for a larger and more diverse range of Z-Wave and other devices.
The new FIBARO 4.0 software introduces support for plug-ins without modifying Home Center firmware. These plug-ins for safety, camera, climate, multimedia and other devices can be controlled via protocols and standards like TCP/IP and UPNP, as well as IR and RS 232 (with additional hardware). The plug-ins have their own user interfaces, and can access all application programming interfaces available on the Home Center.
FIBARO 4.0 software brings a great deal of increased functionality to the devices and Home Center. For example, with Drag & Drop for devices and scenes, assigning devices to rooms and changing activation order is much easier and faster. A new Temperature Panel allows users to see the history of temperature changes in rooms and on each device.
FIBARO Introduces 4.0 / 2
A new Diagnostic Panel provides information about Home Center working conditions, such as CPU and RAM usage, as well as free space available on the hard drive.
FIBARO 4.0 features a new, completely redesigned and rewritten Z-Wave engine that is faster and provides better device support. Other devices receiving improved control through the new software include thermostats from manufacturers like Honeywell and Trane Corporation.
FIBARO sensors now have improved functionality, with extended tamper that provides exclusive information for motion detection. FIBARO Smoke Sensors can now report information like "smoke and gap to alarm level" to tablets and PCs. A new FIBARO Motion Sensor device can report tremors, as well as information about temperature, illuminance and sensor violation.
The new software delivers additional improvements, from multithreading for faster engine performance, to more intuitive menus.
FIBARO 4.0 plug-ins, which now have network device search capability, are grouped in five function-based categories:
- "Safety" plug-ins include plug-ins for DSC Alarm, Helios Basics, Helios Gold, Mobotix videophone and Satel Alarm
- "Camera" plug-ins work with more than 100 devices from various manufacturers
- "Climate" plug-ins work with Carrier Furnace, Nest, Netamo and WS Davis Vantage devices
- "Multimedia" plug-ins work with a devices from a range of companies, including Sony, Sonos, LG, Denon, Onkyo, Philips, Pioneer, NC+
- "Other" plug-ins are offered for Philips Hue and Wake on LAN
About Fibar Group
FIBARO Home Intelligence is a rapidly growing company out of Poland that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative smart home ecosystems and devices. Currently FIBARO is in 80 countries and announced its official launch in the United States in September 2014.
FIBARO Introduces 4.0 / 3
The company's wireless Z-Wave system can be controlled from anywhere in the world via smart phone and/or tablet and includes smart scene automation, energy management, camera integration, multimedia plug-ins, lights, locks, shades and more. Over four years Fibar Group has won several important awards. The most significant are:
- IF Product Design Award 2014 for FIBARO Flood Design
- Good Design 2014
- Good Design 2014 - in category of New Technologies
- CES Innovation Award 2015
- European Business Award - Ruban d'honneur
- Fibar Group CEO - Finalist of the CEO World Awards 2013
- FIBARO Home Center Lite - finalist of CEDIA Award for Best Innovative Product
- Finalist of E&Y Entrepreneur of The Year 2013