Features Antimicrobial Surface and ANSI/AAMI 60601-1 Edition Certification; 24" HD Display and Intel® Haswell Core™ Processor
Fremont, CA - November 17, 2014 - GammaTech Computer Corp., a major international manufacturer and supplier of innovative notebook and tablet computers, offers the healthcare market its latest all-in-one PC, the DURABOOK P24. Featuring a 24" full high-definition display, the thin-style P24 comes with a powerful 4th generation Intel® Haswell Core™ processor and special features for the healthcare industry including ANSI/AAMI 60601-1 edition certification and antimicrobial surface protection.
"Technology has revolutionized the healthcare industry with mobile data computers increasing the quality of patient care," said Jen Chen, GammaTech president. "With the DURABOOK P24 all-in-one PC, healthcare professionals have the necessary data at their fingertips so they can focus on their patients. Its rugged design, medical-grade features and versatile mounting capabilities make the P24 perfect for any hospital, medical, dental or similar type facility."
The GammaTech DURABOOK P24 all-in-one PC includes two critical features that are vital in today's healthcare facilities: ANSI/AAMI 60601-1 edition certification (a widely accepted benchmark for the safety and essential performance of medical electrical equipment), and antimicrobial surface protection (to help stop the spread of viruses and germs while it protects patients and practitioners at work). GammaTech's P24 has passed JIS Z2801 certification with 1% of anti-bacterial material being added to both the upper cover and back side of the unit. Many medical panel PC's on the market today only utilize 0.2% antibacterial material, significantly less than the P24.
The DURABOOK P24 can be used as a desktop unit with an optional kickstand, a mobile unit on a medical cart using its VESA mounting capability, or a stationary unit by wall mounting. It can be used for anything from displaying information in hospital halls, to showing x-rays and ultrasounds in patient rooms, to collecting data at nursing stations, and more.
Durable, Reliable and Secure
Several rugged features ensure the P24's reliability wherever and whenever information must be accessed or collected including:
• The P24 achieved the Military Standard 810G and ASTM 4169-08 (Truck Transport, 11.5.2 Random test, Assurance Level II) certifications for vibration
• A working temperature up to 104˚ F
• Standard spill proof front-panel
• Optional protective capacitive touch panel that allows the touch screen functionality to operate even if it is wet
• Optional built-in uninterruptible power supply (UPS) battery that provides up to 45 minutes of emergency power (minimum customer order required) ensuring that critical patient information can be accessed or saved in case of a power interruption
Patient confidentiality is critical in the healthcare market. The P24 comes standard with a proximity sensor that turns the display on or off when it detects a user's presence. This ensures that data will not be compromised while the worker is temporarily away from the unit. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) also provides strong data encryption to ensure data security.
The DURABOOK P24 is one of the thinnest and lightest all-in-one PCs in its class, with dimensions of 23.6" (W) x 16.33" (H) x 1.37" (D) and weight of 13.6 pounds. Other standard and optional features include:
• 24" full high-definition (1920x1080) TFT LCD screen with optional 10-point multi-touch panel and water tolerant design
• 2MP webcam and high-definition audio
• 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n wireless communications and Bluetooth 4.0
• 2.5" SATA 3 HDD of 500GB or 750GB or 2.5" SATA 3 SSD of 64GB or 128GB
• 5.25" Super Multi-Optical disk drive (optional)
• Four USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, one RJ45 jack for internal 10/100/1000m bit Ethernet, one line out 3.5mm audio jack, one Mic-in 3.5mm audio jack, one HDMI port, one SDXC card reader
• Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 and 8.1
• Support VESA mounting (100 x 100mm) on the back cover or optional stand with Hinge
(adjust angle at 5 to 30)
Accessories include a phone holder, desktop stand, and a medical-grade AC adapter.
The GammaTech DURABOOK P24 Series of all-in-one computers is available now through authorized resellers nationwide and at www.GammaTechUSA.com.
GammaTech Award-Winning Products GammaTech has a well-earned reputation and a long history in producing computers for the rugged market. It has been named a winner in Government Security News' Homeland Security Awards in the Best Rugged Computers category multiple times.
About GammaTech Computer Corporation
GammaTech Computer Corporation is a leader in the design, manufacture and sales of cost-effective, high-performance mobile computing solutions throughout North America. Its award-winning line of rugged and hardened notebook and tablet computers are designed and built-to-order to increase mobile productivity for business, government, healthcare, fire, public safety and a host of other entities. GammaTech offers a complete portfolio of products that delivers power and performance needed in the most demanding work environments, resulting in increased productivity and accelerated return on investment. GammaTech is headquartered in Fremont, California, which provides the final assembly, inventory, service and technical support.
For more information, visit GammaTech at www.GammaTechUSA.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
©2014 GammaTech Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.