Advisory board for Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer includes Alarm.com, AT&T, Comcast, Con Edison, EnergyHub, Gridwise Architecture Council, Lowe's, Icontrol Networks, and TXU Energy
Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2014 - Parks Associates announced new research today showing 7% of U.S. broadband households own some kind of home energy management product but 70% are interested in emerging energy-related products or services. The research firm will host the sixth-annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer on February 16-18, 2015, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas, to explore research and business strategies to capture this untapped consumer demand.
"While the appeal of products such as smart thermostats and energy management services is high, consumer awareness of these products and services is low, at only 14% of U.S. broadband households." said Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls & Energy, Parks Associates. "At the Smart Energy Summit, we will examine opportunities for utilities, service providers, retailers, and manufacturers to fulfill the unmet needs of consumers."
"Convenience, control, and safety are the key drivers of smart home device purchases," said Maia Hinkle, research analyst, Parks Associates. "By offering solutions that satisfy these consumer demands, utilities can engage their customers, which leads to higher overall satisfaction."
The Smart Energy Summit 2015 Advisory Board helps shape the content and focus of the conference with the Parks Associates energy research team. It includes the following participants:
Roy Perry, VP, Ecosystem Alliances, Alarm.com
Kevin Petersen, President, AT&T Digital Life
Bill Horrocks, VP, Product Management - Xfinity Home, Comcast
Rebecca Craft, Director, Energy Efficiency Programs, Con Edison
Seth Frader-Thompson, President, EnergyHub
Ken Wacks, Management & Engineering Consultant, Gridwise Architecture Council, U.S. Department of Energy
Kris Bowring, Iris Smart Home Business Unit, New Business Development, Lowe's Companies
Letha McLaren, VP, Product Management, Icontrol Networks
Sen Samudra, VP, Home and Business Solutions, TXU Energy
Parks Associates is currently accepting speaker submissions. The summit agenda features thought leaders representing utilities, state and national regulators, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.
Services and Technology
• New energy management products and services, including impact of cable and telecom offerings
• Evolution of home control platform capabilities
• Evolution of the Internet of Things and its role in the energy markets: infrastructure, intelligence, interoperability
• Big data analytics and the role of cloud-based products and services in energy
Business Strategies and Partnerships
• Communication strategies, partnership opportunities, and new business models for utilities, service providers, manufacturers, and retailers
• Consumer segmentation, price sensitivity, and bundling strategies
• Utility communication approaches, including data ownership and privacy issues, and simplifying partner integration
• Drivers and obstacles to consumer adoption of energy-related products and services
• The impact of smart grid legislation and regulation
• Engaging consumers in utility services: status of new value-added smart grid applications, including demand response and dynamic programs
More information is available at www.ses2015.com. To speak with an energy analyst or request specific research data, contact Holly Sprague, 720-987-6614.
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer examines the expanding market for the smart home and the role of energy solutions within the Internet of Things, including connected devices, energy management, utility services, and home control platforms and services.
Smart Energy Summit addresses strategies for utilities, service providers, retailers, and manufacturers to expand and monetize their energy offerings by engaging consumers, developing new business models, and creating unique partnerships.
The summit agenda features thought leaders representing utilities, state and national regulators, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.
The sixth-annual Smart Energy Summit will take place February 16-18, 2015, at the Four Seasons Resort in Austin, Texas.