Nearly 50% of California broadband households use online health-based service from doctor, higher than national average
Connected Health Industry Leaders to Present Leading Technology Solutions at Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
New digital health research from Parks Associates shows nearly 50% of California broadband households have used at least one online service offered by their doctors, compared to 42% nationally. Parks Associates announced the results, based on a 2Q 2014 nationwide survey of more than 5,000 U.S. broadband households, in advance of the firm's inaugural Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, taking place September 4-5 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego.
"California is a leader in many technology markets, and digital health is no exception," said Harry Wang, Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. "California consumers show higher levels of engagement, and this finding, coupled with the innovative offerings from multiple California-based companies, makes this state an important location for this expanding market. We chose to host the Connected Health Summit in San Diego because it serves as the headquarters for multiple health technology companies and innovators."
Executives from California-based companies participating at the Connected Health Summit on September 4-5 include the following speakers:
• Skip Fleshman, Partner, Asset Management Ventures
• David Friedman, CEO & Co-Founder,Ayla Networks
• Amer Haider, CEO,Doctella
• Lena Cheng, M.D., Business Development,Doctor on Demand
• Madeline Pantalone, VP Business Development, GreatCall
• Bettina Experton, M.D., CEO,Humetrix, Inc.
• Jim Taschetta, CMO and Head of Retail Sales,iHealth Lab
• Kian Saneii, CEO,Independa, Inc.
• Julie Cherry, Director of Clinical Services,Intel-GE Care Innovations
• Jason Donahue, Product Manager for Data & Insights,Jawbone
• Paul Jansen, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Masimo
• Timothy Chang, Managing Director,Mayfield Fund
• James R. Mault, M.D., F.A.C.S., Vice President and Chief Medical Officer,Qualcomm Life
• Clint McClellan, Sr. Director of Business Development, Qualcomm Life; Chairman, Continua Health Alliance
• Lou Ryan, Founder & CEO,SelfHelpNetworks
• Noah Lang, CEO,Stride Health
• Patrick Wheelock, Strategy and Business Development - Mobile Health, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
• Mark Van Walters, Chairman, Z-Wave Alliance
"California is home to Silicon Valley and the 'Quantified Self' movement in health and wellness," Wang said. "We are looking forward to hearing from California's leaders in digital health about best practices to engage consumer and future strategies to keep patients committed to positive outcome-based behaviors."
Connected Health Summit keynotes include executives from Qualcomm Life, Humana Wellness, Walgreens, Optum, and Ascension Health. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt and #ConnectedHealth2014.
Media are invited to attend. Press passes are available at http://www.parksassociates.com/events/connected-health/media and include online access to events materials. To schedule an interview with a speaker or analyst, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health technologies in particular, which all require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
The Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers will take place September 4-5 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt. Subscribe to Parks Associates' digital health newsletter at http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe.