Leading Healthcare Companies Join Advisory Board for 2014 Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
San Diego Event Will Address Current Digital Health and Wearables Market
Parks Associates announced today the advisory board for the inaugural Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, which the research firm will host on September 4-5 in San Diego. Board members include executives from AARP, ADT, Alere, American Heart Association, Ascension Health, Care Innovations, Humana Wellness, Intermountain Healthcare, Kaiser Permanente, Lowe's, Meridian Health, Northwestern University, Omron Healthcare, Qualcomm, United Health, Walgreens, and Wellness and Prevention, Inc.
"The U.S. connected healthcare market will reach an aggregated value of over $30 billion by 2018," said Harry Wang, Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. "The consumer side of the healthcare market is poised for tremendous growth, and Connected Health Summit is the only healthcare event focused exclusively on the consumer aspect of this market. Our advisory board features key executives in the healthcare and technology industries who have been at the forefront of the consumerization of healthcare."
The 2014 Connected Health Summit brings together high-level executives to network, examine the growing consumer interest in connected health devices and apps, and analyze business and partnership opportunities created by big data, health reforms, the Internet of Things, and new investments. The agenda features over 45 high-level executives, including keynotes from speakers from Optum, Kaiser Permanente, Qualcomm Life, Humana Wellness, Walgreens, and Ascension Health.
"We are excited to be a part of an event that covers all aspects of digital health, from back-end technology solutions and regulations to consumer-facing health devices and apps," said John Vander Meulen, General Manager, Health Plan Franchise, Wellness and Prevention, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company . "The industry as a whole-health plans, hospitals, physicians, and health and technology providers-has yet to fully crack the code when it comes to engagement. With the introduction of the Triple Aim (cost, access and quality) as part of Health Care Reform, patient/member engagement is going to be critical in helping to drive outcomes and satisfaction - two incredibly important measurements in our new world of healthcare."
The Connected Health Summit advisory board includes the following executives:
• Keith Epstein, Senior Strategic Advisor, AARP
• Amy Kabcenell, Sr. Director, Marketing | ADT Health, ADT
• Kent Dicks, CEO of Alere Connect, Alere
• Patrick Wayte, Senior Vice President, Patient and Health Innovations, American Heart Association
• Chris Young, Vice President New Virtual Market Development and Incubations, Ascension Health
• Ray Solone, VP of Marketing, Care Innovations
• Chris Nicholson, VP and COO, Humana Wellness
• Craig Kartchner, Senior Director of Marketing, Intermountain Healthcare
• John Mattison, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
• Kristen T. Bowring, Director of Business Development, Smart Home Business Unit - New Business, Lowe's Companies, Inc.
• Sandra Elliot, Director, Consumer Technology and Service Development, Meridian Health
• David Curtis Mohr, Ph.D., Professor, Northwestern University
• Randy Kellogg, Chief Operating Officer, Omron Healthcare, Inc.
• Clint McClellan, Sr. Director of Business Development at Qualcomm Life and Chairman of the Continua Health Alliance, Qualcomm Life/Continuaa Alliance
• Bud Flagstad, Senior Vice President, Software Innovation and Technical Product Services, Optum, United Health
• Adam Pellegrini, Vice President, Digital Health, Walgreens
• John Vander Meulen, General Manager, Health Plan Franchise, Wellness and Prevention, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company
Summit sponsors include ADT, Care Innovations, Lowe's, Z-Wave, Walgreens, Independa, Masimo, and Ayla Networks.
The recent industry report Networked Medical Devices: Innovations and Business Models is available for purchase, and complimentary materials from the June webcast Engaging Consumers with Connected Health Technologies are also available.
Information about the Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers is available at www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Press passes for the event are available at http://www.parksassociates.com/events/connected-health/media. To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.987.6614.
About Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health technologies in particular, which all require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
The Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers will take place September 4-5 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt. Subscribe to Parks Associates' digital health newsletter at http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe.