2014 CEA Innovate! to Feature Startup Success Stories, Media and PR Training and Thought-Provoking Panels on Emerging Technologies
Inaugural two-day conference scheduled September 30-October 2 in Phoenix, AZ
What: The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today announced programming for CEA Innovate!, a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies big and small looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights include:
• Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: An up-to-the-moment view into five categories that are poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology at 9:30 AM on October 1.
• Startup Success Stories: Entrepreneurs who built a business from the ground up will tell their personal stories, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way at 10:45 AM on October 1.
• CEA's Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: Noon-1:30 PM on October 1.
• CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight some of the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why at 2 PM on October 1.
• Crowdfunding Workshop: Experts from one of the top crowdfunding platforms will discuss this constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool at 2 PM on October 1.
• The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: A discussion about the trends to watch in the exciting wearables category, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market at 3 PM on October 1.
• Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: A workshop highlighting tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot of (or any!) dollars to spend at 3 PM on October 1.
• Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director of communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company's story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities from 4-5:15 PM on October 1 and 8-9 AM on October 2. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies.
• Top Venture Capital Trends in 2015: Venture capitalists will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior at 9 AM on October 2.
• Holiday Sales Forecast: CEA's Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study will be unveiled at 10:15 AM on October 2.
CEA Innovate! will also host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer any questions about building a business. In addition, CEA's industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
Registration for CEA Innovate! is now live. For more information or to register, please visit www.ce.org/innovate.
When: Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014
Where: Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES - The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA's industry services. Find CEA online at CE.org, DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: