As the First in a Series of Connected Home Products, the Wi-Fi Smart Plug and Free Mobile App Enable Users to Control and Monitor Devices from Anywhere, Anytime
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. - May 6, 2014 - D-Link today announced the Wi-Fi Smart Plug (DSP-W215), the company's first product in a new line of Connected Home solutions designed to bring the convenience and flexibility of mydlink to everyday household electronic devices. The compact and easy-to-use Wi-Fi Smart Plug allows users to monitor and control their home's electronic devices from anywhere. Using the free mydlink™ app for iOS® and Android™ smartphones or tablets, users can set power on/off schedules, turn devices on and off remotely and monitor energy usage at home or on-the-go.
"The launch of the Wi-Fi Smart Plug represents a key moment for D-Link as we look to expand our offering of connected home solutions designed for consumers looking for a convenient way to automate their home and control their devices from their smartphones and tablets," said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "The Wi-Fi Smart Plug offers that convenience at an affordable price so customers can automate any range of devices in their home."
With advanced power scheduling features, the mydlink app can be used to create on/off schedules for home appliances and devices, a useful feature for increasing home security with automated lights. For even more peace-of-mind, the Wi-Fi Smart Plug comes with a built-in thermal sensor that will automatically shut off connected devices if they overheat. In addition, the mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Plug features a simple one-button installation - users press the WPS button on their existing router and on the Smart Plug, and then download the mydlink Smart Plug mobile app to start setup.
More about the Wi-Fi Smart Plug (DSP-W215)
The mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Plug delivers a range of easy-to-use features, including:
· Power Scheduling - easily create on/off schedules for home appliances, lights and other electronic devices powered through the Wi-Fi Smart Plug.
· Local and Remote control - use the free and intuitive mydlink smart plug mobile app to instantly turn devices on or off from an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
· Energy Usage Statistics - monitor power consumption of connected devices.
· Overheating Protection - the built-in thermal sensor will automatically turn off overheating appliances.
· Wi-Fi Connectivity - requires no additional hub or device, works with any Wi-Fi network.
· Simple Setup - Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button offers quick and easy setup to connect to any router supporting the WPS standard.
Availability and Pricing
The Wi-Fi Smart Plug (DSP-W215) is now available for $49.99 (EDLP). Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com/dsp-w215.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).