802.11ac Wi-Fi Router Allows Travelers to Create an Instant Hotspot and Stream Media to a Range of Devices Anywhere, Anytime
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California. - March 3, 2014 - D-Link today announced that it is now shipping the world's first portable 11AC router, the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L). This latest addition to the D-Link® family of connectivity solutions allows mobile users to quickly and easily create a Wi-Fi hotspot from an existing internet connection, whether that be 3G/4G, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, while on-the-go. For added convenience, the Portable Wi-Fi Router also features a high-capacity 4,000mAh rechargeable battery that can charge mobile devices. Additionally, with the free mydlink™ SharePort® mobile app, users can upload, download and stream multimedia and documents to a storage drive attached to one of the Portable Router's two USB ports from anywhere in the world.
Incorporating the latest Wireless AC750 technology, the Wi-Fi Portable Router and Charger offers users fast speeds and a range of advanced features, ensuring superior range and data transfer to and from connected devices. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the DIR-510L can deliver a total of 750Mbps using the combined throughput of its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. In addition, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, providing the ability to customize a network according to connectivity needs and even configure a guest zone to provide Internet access to visitors without providing access to the rest of the network. The DIR-510L provides instant sharing of any Internet connection with the added security of a firewall while connected to shared public connections.
"The demand for ubiquitous Wi-Fi in today's increasingly connected world makes the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router an essential addition to any traveler's kit," said Ken Loyd, director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Leveraging the latest 11AC Wi-Fi technology, which boasts speeds up to three times faster than Wireless N, the DIR-510L ensures high-performance range and data transfer speeds for the ultimate in on-the-go connectivity."
More About the DIR-510L
The DIR-510L delivers several advanced product features for mobile users to easily connect, share and charge on-the-go, including:
· High-Capacity Battery - Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
· Two USB Ports - Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE modem connectivity; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
· mydlink SharePort - Allows users to stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
· Easy Setup - Automatically detects connection type - broadband router, mobile router, hotspot - for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connect automatically
· Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Built-in DLNA Server - Streams multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs1
Availability and Pricing
The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) is now available on Amazon.com, Frys.com, and throughout D-Link's vast network of retail and e-tail outlets for $99.99 EDLP. Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com/DIR-510L.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).