Parks Associates To Present New Digital Health Research on Remote Care Programs and Telehealth Strategies in Webinar with Care Innovations, HIMSS
Parks Associates, February 13, 2014 - Parks Associates digital health research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households have used some type of virtual care communication tool. The firm estimates this figure will increase to 65% by 2018 and virtual care doctor-patient video consultation revenues will grow to $13.7 billion.
"All types of healthcare providers, from hospitals to physicians, need to embrace virtual care to ensure its success," said Harry Wang, director, digital health research, Parks Associates. "Next-generation cloud-based technologies will enable providers to tailor remote care programs to specific populations so they can cost-effectively move patients from an acute-care setting to self-managed behavior."
Wang will highlight an empirical study on telehealth and telemonitoring solutions in a complimentary webinar with Care Innovations and HIMSS Media on February 13 at 2 p.m. EST. "Extending Care to Drive Behavior Change" will provide key strategies for healthcare professionals and providers to enable remote care programs.
• Harry Wang, Director, Research, Health and Mobile Products, Parks Associates
• Julie Cherry, R.N., M.S.N., Director of Clinical Services at Intel-GE Care Innovations™
• Tom Sullivan, Executive Editor, HIMSS Media
Additional digital health research, from Parks Associates' new reports Virtual Care: Technologies & Business Models and Independent Living At Home: Second Edition, include:
• More than 32 million U.S. consumers will actively track personal health and fitness online or via mobile by 2016.
• By 2017, more than 134 million patients will be managed by PCMH- (patient-centered medical home) or ACO- (accountable care organization) recognized primary care physicians or other types of doctors from an ACO.
• U.S. sales of connected wellness and personal health products and services will exceed $8 billion in 2018.
• U.S. unit sales of networked medical devices will exceed 14 million units by 2018.
Visit the webcast signup page to register.
For more information on Parks Associates digital health research, download the whitepaper "Connected Health Opportunities for Service Providers" at http://www.parksassociates.com/connected-health. Subscribe to the Digital Health Newsletter at http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletter.
Parks Associates will host the first Connected Health Summit in San Diego, September 4-5,2014. More info is available at http://www.connectedhealthsummit.com.
About Parks Associates: Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start-ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes digital media and platforms, entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, support services, consumer apps, advanced advertising, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
Each year, Parks Associates hosts industry webcasts, the CONNECTIONS™ Conference Series, and Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer.